Has the program lost momentum?

Umm yes we have lost momentum...

We have time to get some back - but this team just like last year as blown opportunity after opportunity to be something much more.

Just like last year they blew the opportunity to get in the big dance.

They better start playing some defense and play with a sense of desperation.

Because they are really F***** up right now.

maybe we're not good enough at this point? Maybe we are just good enough to get into the dance? Maybe we're not the caliber of team that makes elite 8's. I just don't see the problem with that from where the program was just 4 years ago. Amazing job by this staff and the program continues to trend up and have momentum moving forward, to say otherwise is clueless.

Umm yes we have lost momentum...

We have time to get some back - but this team just like last year as blown opportunity after opportunity to be something much more.

Just like last year they blew the opportunity to get in the big dance.

They better start playing some defense and play with a sense of desperation.

Because they are really F***** up right now.
since we suck and the season is down the drain etc. etc., do you have season tickets I can have for the last 2 games? You won't miss them. It would be better to give them to someone that will STILL enjoy them than go watch another BLOWN opportunity.

maybe we're not good enough at this point? Maybe we are just good enough to get into the dance? Maybe we're not the caliber of team that makes elite 8's. I just don't see the problem with that from where the program was just 4 years ago. Amazing job by this staff and the program continues to trend up and have momentum moving forward, to say otherwise is clueless.

We have improved since the lickliter erra no doubt.. I give props to Fran for that.

However everytime we blow an opportunity to be something more I'm not just going to go "well at least we are better than 2009"

I tend to live with my teams in the present.

since we suck and the season is down the drain etc. etc., do you have season tickets I can have for the last 2 games? You won't miss them. It would be better to give them to someone that will STILL enjoy them than go watch another BLOWN opportunity.

I clearly said we suck and the season is down the drain.

Thanks for adding that melodrama that I was apparently missing.

I think what I said is "they better wake up"

But thanks

It seems like after the hawks tourney run last year that the program was poised to start putting itself into position for top half conference finishes every year under Fran. It looked like the hawks were on their way up and programs like Wisconsin/OSU were on their way down.

Fast forward to the present and this season looks almost identical to last year. Couple of good wins but mostly haven't been able to win the big games at the end.

i believe Fran will turn it around but 11-7 or 10-8 seems like a disappointment to me

I think this is the WRONG question. NO doubt the program is on the rise the question you should be asking is ..IS this year's team pooping out? I can't really tell because Basabe would've made a difference in both these losses.

I clearly said we suck and the season is down the drain.

Thanks for adding that melodrama that I was apparently missing.

I think what I said is "they better wake up"

But thanks
Is that a NO? The added melodrama was just helping describe the sum of the whole. Your post was just an example of one of the many forms of over reaction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is not football. A loss doesn't matter that much. We just have to right the ship in a few weeks. Anything is still possible n

I cant wait for mid way through the off season, so that a hint of positivity can shine through on this board again. Or wait, maybe we can beat msu, and everything can go abuzz again with part-time fan chatter. Then the negativity can resume again no matter when we lose in our bracket.

Is that a NO? The added melodrama was just helping describe the sum of the whole. Your post was just an example of one of the many forms of over reaction.

No more overacting then you are.

It's really this simple.

We started the Big Ten 4-1 since then we are 4-5.

We had a 17-18 game home winning streak... we have suddenly lost 3 out of 4 at home.

We are struggling and need to right the ship.

The season is far from over - we could end up still having a great season.

But why would that be the rational expectation right at this moment more than any other expectation?

Your affirmation that we "will be fine" isn't anymore of an overreaction then the idea that we might not be fine.

Just because it makes you feel better doesn't mean its true.

We can honestly say this team is still a question mark at the moment.

Fran's adjustments have been nothing to write home about this season. I love the attitude he has brought. I love the style of play. I love the team and it's players this year. I feel like match ups have been a huge problem for fran and co. We have been outcoached in many of our losses.

Don't get me wrong. I really like fran, and think we found a keeper. I just dont think staff has been able to exploit match ups or adjust on the fly often. Also they could work on a momentum busting game plan at times. Whether this is done by motivation, or proper time out usage, or pace/style changes. IDK.

This team starts a downward slide in s game, and you can just feel it. Like they get down on themselves and it just compounds. The first Minnesota game was one of the few times that they really took the momentum away from an opponent. Good adjustments. I feel like we were on the flip side of that quite a few times. We had double digit leads in most of our losses. Bad adjustments/timid playing.

I wanted to add that I knew 4 games in 8 days would be too much for all of us, no matter the outcome. Win or lose.

2 more to go. By sunday our collective mind may be blown.

I think the wisky loss let the wind out of the bad somewhat for the players in the regular season. After last nite they need to really focus on winning 3 of 4, one at a time and if they can beat IU and the win the two home games then 22-9 o 22-10 is pretty good.

We all know how close this team was to being great\memorable, a few FTs here and there and a couple of buckets and of course the last two teams shooting friggin lights out doesnt help.

Even back to the Nova game, Nova just went on fire for 10 minutes to get back into that game.

We are struggling and need to right the ship.
Struggling? Of the losses, only one is to a team that was not ranked in the top 10 at some point during the season. They have not been blown out of a game all year, and in fact were in each game they lost up to the last couple of minutes. Every game gives me signs that they can play with anyone in the country. I'm ready for the Dance!

Struggling? Of the losses, only one is to a team that was not ranked in the top 10 at some point during the season. They have not been blown out of a game all year, and in fact were in each game they lost up to the last couple of minutes. Every game gives me signs that they can play with anyone in the country. I'm ready for the Dance!

Yes they are struggling... they have lost 3 of 4 games at home and are 4-5 after starting off 4-1 on the conference.

I'm not giving up... I'm not saying they are done... but it is what it is.

Last edited:
We could start righting the ship tomorrow night by blowing the doors off a rather bad IU team.
Dang it, why can't Iowa have a Minney type shooting night for once?? Don't we get one of those, even once a season? Why do the Hawks always get the butt end?

Latest posts