Has the program lost momentum?

For some reason Fran thinks people aren't going to guard Oglesby...McCabe once again let a guy get around him for a crucial rebound and put back after a FT. I don't know what else to say then Oglesby let his guy get a loose ball after a missed shot...this is pathetic

Excuse my somewhat sarcastiness but What the F do U think after losing 3 in a row. Absolutely ridiculous performance by the players and even worse coaching by Fran and getting our players prepared for the the last 3 games.

wish you guys knew something more than I did.

But sadly you were in denial like I thought...

There is still time but wow this isn't looking good.

I still think the team will right the ship before the year is out but if the hawks finish 10-8 and lose first game of the tourney I'd be disappointed and I know that it's been since 2006 since a bid.

The Big 10 isn't as strong as last year so I thought 12-6 was more than reasonable to think attainable

I haven't read all the posts and perhaps this has been stated but there is a big difference between a program and a season losing momentum.

As of today, we have lost momentum of the season but the momentum of the program can continue with the NCAA birth and I've not given up on a mini tourney run.

Look at the 2010-2011 Connecticut Husky team. Heading into hte Big East tourney they had lost 5 of their last 8 games.
They get hot and win 11 games in a row to win both the conference and NCAA tournament.

By no means am I saying that the Hawks are going to win a NCAA championship or even the Big Ten tourney. But I'm also not willing to say there isn't a chance we can win a game or two in the big dance.

Granted we won't playing the way we are today but it wasn't but 5 games ago that we crushed the Big 10 regular season champs. We have 3 regular season games and at least 1 conference tourney game and 1 NCAA tourney game (assuming we don't lose out).

My point there is still time for this team to start competing at a higher level and if we do so there would be no momentum lost of the program.

Latest posts