Has anyone noticed that Mediacom’s coverage has really improved while satellite cover

keokuk1

And I’m not taking sides here but I remember a lot of people hammering Mediacom for a long time and rightfully so over there coverage but it would seem that they have responded to their consumers and now I am hearing people complaining about satellite carriers not having coverage. Is it just me? Or has Mediacom really seemed to have stepped it up in terms of their programming. And again I’m not taking sides, but if Mediacom took it on the chin for what they were doing wrong then shouldn’t they get at least some credit for when they do it right?

Re: Has anyone noticed that Mediacom’s coverage has really improved while satellite c

No complaints from me on satellite. Love it.

Re: Has anyone noticed that Mediacom’s coverage has really improved while satellite c

What comes to mind is some of the BBall games were carried on the local Mediacom channels, the Drake is one example.

It's really smart for the to buy up inventory that the BTN isn't covering. I think they should really make a more concerted effort to make the Connections Channel something far greater than what it is. That is a huge opportunity for them to keep people or get them to switch

Mediacom sucks.

Direct TV is awesome. I can't imagine why anyone would pay money to Mediacon.

You said that they have responded to their customers. How? By buying the games like Drake? One game earlier this season that Mediacon had on was was going to be broadcast later on The Big Ten Network but the production quality was so ****-poor pathetic that they couldn't. No professional broadcast company would.

I seriously don't know why anyone would throw away their money with them if they could get a dish.

Mediacom still has one major hurdle to overcome: They don't offer the digital channels on more than one television. With satellite, I have 400 channels and HD on every television.

Plus, I have the Big Ten Network overflow channels during football season, which is really, really nice!

I had Mediacom and also a 46" Samsung 1080 HD LCD tv. We moved to a new house about a 1.5 ago and at that point decided to give Dish a try and would never go back. The biggest change I saw was the improvement of picture on my TV. The Dish HD channels are crystal clear and all the channels are much clearer than they were when I had Mediacom. I had also tried on the signal booster stuff you can buy and that had never made a difference for me.

Sure there are some downsides to satellite like two year contracts, loss of signal which by the way has only happened to me once in a blue moon (knock on wood), but for me I'll never go back to Mediacom. I'm in CR and we have an alternative cable provider, Imon but they have only be limited coverage areas and I don't currently live in one of their zones but if I did I would consider them as their prices are the lowest I have seen.

I had Mediacom and also a 46" Samsung 1080 HD LCD tv. We moved to a new house about a 1.5 ago and at that point decided to give Dish a try and would never go back. The biggest change I saw was the improvement of picture on my TV. The Dish HD channels are crystal clear and all the channels are much clearer than they were when I had Mediacom. I had also tried on the signal booster stuff you can buy and that had never made a difference for me.

Sure there are some downsides to satellite like two year contracts, loss of signal which by the way has only happened to me once in a blue moon (knock on wood), but for me I'll never go back to Mediacom. I'm in CR and we have an alternative cable provider, Imon but they have only be limited coverage areas and I don't currently live in one of their zones but if I did I would consider them as their prices are the lowest I have seen.

Dish/Direct TV>Imon>Mediacom

Imon does a good job I think

Take it for what it's worth but my Directv didn't lose picture once during the 3rd largest storm in Chicago history.

In terms of service I never had a problem with Mediacom. Initially Mediacom didn't want to carry the B10 network so I switched to Direct TV. I'm happy with the service as well. A great strength for satellite is that it is portable. Since I spend winter in the Rio Grande Valley I bring a receiver from home and use it with my dish here. I call to have the local channels transferred and it takes about five minutes over the phone. If I had cable I would have put my cable on vacation before I leave and then buy cable service here and I would not get the B10 network.

I wish Direct Tv would move the Big Ten Network to a 200 channel number.

The biggest disadvantage for me is I have 7 TV’s and dish can’t accommodate 7 TV’s.

DirecTV you can have a ton of TVs hooked up. That's another reason why Dish < DirecTV.

Had Mediacom before Dish and I like Dish alot more.Mediacom will raise there rates more than the Satellites will.

Dish/Direct TV>Imon>Mediacom

Imon does a good job I think

F MediaCONN!!

Exactly.

DirecTV's picture is definitely better than Mediaconn's. In actuality I was surprised that it is even better than Dish Networks. I changed to Dish a few months ago because they offered such a great deal. My wife & I hated the DVR with Dish & hated the two TV's run on one receiver. Never seemed to be able to record or figure the the TV1 or TV2 out. Ended up watching what we were recording but trying not to look. Anyway, after 2-3 months, we took DirecTV's offer to switch back.

What surprised me & completely unexpected it is that after the DirecTV was hooked back up, the picture seemed to be a ton better than Dish Networks. I thought satellite was satellite but I personally think the DirecTV signal is clearer & more in depth.

And I’m not taking sides here but I remember a lot of people hammering Mediacom for a long time and rightfully so over there coverage but it would seem that they have responded to their consumers and now I am hearing people complaining about satellite carriers not having coverage. Is it just me? Or has Mediacom really seemed to have stepped it up in terms of their programming. And again I’m not taking sides, but if Mediacom took it on the chin for what they were doing wrong then shouldn’t they get at least some credit for when they do it right?

Satelite customer's complaining about coverage.:confused::confused: :rolleyes: Seriously that is kinda whacky!!

There is a reason Mediacom is called Mediascum by many.

Does anyone have the dish network? I have direct tv and love it, just got myself a DVR so I can pause the live action and yell at my kids but not miss a thing! Have had very little issues with the dish or the internet provided by qwest. We like having the movies on demand (i'm talking the family ones) and I like the amount of sports coverage because I can watch the wast coast games is so desired.

F MediaCONN!!

is even better than Dish Networks. I changed to Dish a few months ago because they offered such a great deal. My wife & I hated the DVR with Dish & hated the two TV's run on one receiver. Never seemed to be able to record or figure the the TV1 or TV2 out.

Hmm . . .that's interesting. We have an HD Dish Network DVR connected to 2 TVs and don't have that problem . . .and I don't consider myself all that tech saavy. To each his own preference :) I've never had DirectTV so can't compare signals between the 2. We are happy with the signal we get and very rarely lose it and we're sitting out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by timber and corn fields.

I have mediacom. I would switch to a dish, but in my apartment qwest doesnt offer any internet speeds higher than 1.5 and with mediacom I am on the 7-12 mbps plan. Even though i only pull around 2-3.

Latest posts