Has anyone noticed that Mediacom’s coverage has really improved while satellite cover

Re: Has anyone noticed that Mediacom’s coverage has really improved while satellite c

The biggest disadvantage for me is I have 7 TV’s and dish can’t accommodate 7 TV’s.

So you are the guy in the hood that has six sitting out in the yard. Invest a few bucks and have them hauled away:)

Re: Has anyone noticed that Mediacom’s coverage has really improved while satellite c

And I’m not taking sides here but I remember a lot of people hammering Mediacom for a long time and rightfully so over there coverage but it would seem that they have responded to their consumers and now I am hearing people complaining about satellite carriers not having coverage. Is it just me? Or has Mediacom really seemed to have stepped it up in terms of their programming. And again I’m not taking sides, but if Mediacom took it on the chin for what they were doing wrong then shouldn’t they get at least some credit for when they do it right?

I have had mediacom. I still have their internet and LOVE it. 25 MBS consisten. Their TV was HORRIBLE and I dropped it 2 months ago. The HD was washed out. I had Direct until 2 years ago and THeir HD picture was decent but NOWHERE NEAR the quality of DIsh Network. I currently have dish network and an HD projector to 9 foot screen in the basement and a brand new Sharp aquos LED upstairs. The picture quality in HD with DIsh is Phenominal. In fact DISH on demand is in full 1080 P for movies. SImply unreal.

So you are the guy in the hood that has six sitting out in the yard. Invest a few bucks and have them hauled away:)
No I'm a guy with 4 kids the wife just couldn't keep her hands off me :).

I basically was offered free cable for a year from Mediacom, so I took it and cancelled my Directv. It was a tough adjustment, but I'm surviving. Mediacom is adequate, that is the best way for me to describe it. I have lost signal more with my Mediacom cable in 4 months than in 6 years with Directv. I frequently cannot get my Sports Pak channels to come in (it says "channel will be available shortly", but it never comes on). The HD is fine, but could use a few more channels. The DVR is not good, it took me 4 different DVRs to finally get one that worked properly. The storage space is miniscual as well. That being said, for now I pay about $65 for cable and internet from Mediacom and I used to pay $110/month for just tv from Directv. So while I'm on my promotional pricing I'm happy with Mediacom, once it runs out, I'm switching to probably Dish Network. Give that one a try for awhile.

I have had mediacom. I still have their internet and LOVE it. 25 MBS consisten. Their TV was HORRIBLE and I dropped it 2 months ago. The HD was washed out. I had Direct until 2 years ago and THeir HD picture was decent but NOWHERE NEAR the quality of DIsh Network. I currently have dish network and an HD projector to 9 foot screen in the basement and a brand new Sharp aquos LED upstairs. The picture quality in HD with DIsh is Phenominal. In fact DISH on demand is in full 1080 P for movies. SImply unreal.
My 10 foot projector screen looks amazing with DirecTV. Maybe you had outdated gear, poor signal strength, or some other setup issue. DirecTV is full 1080p as well.

DirecTV's Whole House DVR service is awesome. I only need one DVR and I can watch recorded shows anywhere in the house, even on my laptops. Only one cable from the dish into the house. I have 6 TVs hooked up right now with no issues.

DirecTV and Dish keep one-upping each other with equipment, but it's definitely DirecTV at the moment.

No I'm a guy with 4 kids the wife just couldn't keep her hands off me :).

LOL.

Mediacom was horrible when I was in college there...much like Comcast is pretty horrible out here. Thinking of switching to DirecTV.

My 10 foot projector screen looks amazing with DirecTV. Maybe you had outdated gear, poor signal strength, or some other setup issue. DirecTV is full 1080p as well.

DirecTV's Whole House DVR service is awesome. I only need one DVR and I can watch recorded shows anywhere in the house, even on my laptops. Only one cable from the dish into the house. I have 6 TVs hooked up right now with no issues.

DirecTV and Dish keep one-upping each other with equipment, but it's definitely DirecTV at the moment.

Dish has the edge on receivers though. Directv's receivers are slow and have significant lag time. Also the storage space is less than Dish. I had 3 HD DVR's with Directv, the HR-23 I think it was called and most of the time when you pushed the guide button or tried to change the channel you could count to 1 or 2 before the receiver would respond. I have noticed the non-DVR receivers are much quicker though.

Nope. Got DirectTV & I LOVE it. Every once in a while, I might have signal issues but we are talking maybe 2-3 times a year.

Screw mediacon. I got so sick of them screwing the hell outta me, I decided to do something about it & got the dish.

Mediacom blows. I've been very satisfied with DirecTv. And their referral program is sweet.

Dish has the edge on receivers though. Directv's receivers are slow and have significant lag time. Also the storage space is less than Dish. I had 3 HD DVR's with Directv, the HR-23 I think it was called and most of the time when you pushed the guide button or tried to change the channel you could count to 1 or 2 before the receiver would respond. I have noticed the non-DVR receivers are much quicker though.

Yes, this is incredibly annoying.

Here is what I miss about mediacom - the internet. That is all.

Oh, and that internet and cable would lose connectivity probably once a week. I've lost my satellite signal maybe twice in the two years I've had it.

F MediaCONN!!

Exactly.

DirecTV's picture is definitely better than Mediaconn's. In actuality I was surprised that it is even better than Dish Networks. I changed to Dish a few months ago because they offered such a great deal. My wife & I hated the DVR with Dish & hated the two TV's run on one receiver. Never seemed to be able to record or figure the the TV1 or TV2 out. Ended up watching what we were recording but trying not to look. Anyway, after 2-3 months, we took DirecTV's offer to switch back.

What surprised me & completely unexpected it is that after the DirecTV was hooked back up, the picture seemed to be a ton better than Dish Networks. I thought satellite was satellite but I personally think the DirecTV signal is clearer & more in depth.

Really? It is not very challenging. One TV is TV1 and the other is TV2. Your remotes are labeled as to which one is which. It is not very difficult to figure out.
We have Dish and enjoy it. The HD is very high quality and DVR is great (Especially once you figure it out). I will not ever go back to Mediacommunists. I will likely explore DirecTV at some point because I do hear good things.

I've had the great "pleasure" of having Mediacom, Dish Network, and DirecTV over the years. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will never part from DirecTV.

I still use Mediacom for the interwebs, and I experience roughly 10x as many service outages as I do with DirecTV. If I lose my TV signal, it's usually only for a few seconds whereas my internet can be, and often has been, out for hours. During the tornado that hit Iowa City a few short years ago, I lost my signal for about 15 minutes while my neighbor lost his Mediacom feed for over 4 hours. I take great pity on those of you who have to wait until April to watch Friday Night Lights with commercial interruptions.

Latest posts