Harry Van Dyne Discusses Iowa Offer, What’s Next

Iowa State keeps landing guys left and right and we haven't had a single commit in ages. It's extremely concerning that we can't land ANYONE worth a darn.

LOL, if we would have gotten him people would be bitching as well about a 2* WR.

Some of you people need to get off the ledge. Harry Van Dyne isn't the savior Iowa needs. Go jump off the ledge if Martin decides to go elsewhere, but HVD isn't ledge jumping worthy for God's sake.

The game has changed in Minneapolis. PJ Fleck is an outstanding recruiter.
PJ is creepy as funk with his little trinket and bed time visits. Test that man for adderall he's a Tweaker! His act is and will play out quickly not worried

Where are the PJ Fleck won't be able to recruit in Minnesota crowd? Lol

Already out pulling recruits over the dynamic duo in IC.

Lol, PJ may turn out to be ok, but if you think his 8 MAC flips and Harry Van Dyne is what is gonna lead to a National Championship at Minnesota, I'd have to disagree.
Yep because I said national championship in my post. Point is, he's already gone head to head with KF on the recruiting trail and he's won. That's something not to be taken lightly.

Yep because I said national championship in my post. Point is, he's already gone head to head with KF on the recruiting trail and he's won. That's something not to be taken lightly.

This can't be serious, can it? PJ had been recruiting him at Western Michigan before he got the Minny job. Heck even KF has beaten Harbaugh on the recruiting trail, is he a better recruiter than Jim???

I will say this, the MAC better watch the **** out, with KF and now PJ Fleck raiding the MAC ranks in Jan. I mean seriously he brings 8 MAC players with him to Minny??? Heck even Matt Campbell understood you leave those guys there, besides the best 1 or two guys. I was much more impressed with Campbells recruiting after getting hired than PJ's so far.

This can't be serious, can it? PJ had been recruiting him at Western Michigan before he got the Minny job. Heck even KF has beaten Harbaugh on the recruiting trail, is he a better recruiter than Jim???

I will say this, the MAC better watch the **** out, with KF and now PJ Fleck raiding the MAC ranks in Jan. I mean seriously he brings 8 MAC players with him to Minny??? Heck even Matt Campbell understood you leave those guys there, besides the best 1 or two guys. I was much more impressed with Campbells recruiting after getting hired than PJ's so far.
Just curious, which recruits has KF beaten Jim out for while he's been at UM?

Just curious, which recruits has KF beaten Jim out for while he's been at UM?

Matt Hankins. Michigan offered, and was trying like crazy to get him to visit. Iowa did a good job of keeping him in the fold and he should be signing with Iowa in Feb.

PJ is going to beat Iowa for recruits in the coming years, just like Kill did, like Lovie Smith did and will do again, just like Nebraska has, just like Dantonio does. It is recruiting, you lose way more than you ever sign.

Matt Hankins. Michigan offered, and was trying like crazy to get him to visit. Iowa did a good job of keeping him in the fold and he should be signing with Iowa in Feb.

PJ is going to beat Iowa for recruits in the coming years, just like Kill did, like Lovie Smith did and will do again, just like Nebraska has, just like Dantonio does. It is recruiting, you lose way more than you ever sign.
So the correct answer is he hasn't beaten out Jim for anything yet. That's what I kind of thought.

So the correct answer is he hasn't beaten out Jim for anything yet. That's what I kind of thought.

So you could say the same about HVD and PJ Fleck until signing day??? What is your point? You think that Iowa should never lose a recruiting battle to fellow B1G schools??

Time will tell on Fleck at Minnesota. There's usually a question on how a guy will make the jump up and if he can get it done in recruiting.

Fleck was a good recruiter at WMU, beating Big Ten schools for targets at times. He held off a furious run by Iowa at OT Chukwuma Okorafor, who's turned out to be a real good player.

If I were betting on it, I think he will recruit well at Minnesota. Will it result in the program rising up, we'll see.

This isn't the first time Minnesota has had a guy who can recruit and motivate... ol Tim Brewster comes to mind. Had to hear how mighty Minnesota was going to take over the Big Ten. Funny how similar Flecks opening press conference sounded compared to Brewster's bold statements of "going to win a natty" and "taking Gopher nation to Pasadena" garbage.

Little reminder of Minnesota's last golden boy....

Fleck is a good coach, but for a guy who hasn't coached a Big Ten game he sure is getting anointed king pretty quickly around here....

Saturday October 28th in Kinnick can't get here soon enough! Hope its a night game!

Iowa offered Van Dyne two days before he committed to Minnesota, pretty sure he had his mind made up. I could see if this was a year long recruiting battle, but this was far from it. Still would have loved to see this board had Kirk flipped 7-8 "MAC" recruits from Western Michigan. FULL MELTDOWN MODE

This isn't the first time Minnesota has had a guy who can recruit and motivate... ol Tim Brewster comes to mind. Had to hear how mighty Minnesota was going to take over the Big Ten. Funny how similar Flecks opening press conference sounded compared to Brewster's bold statements of "going to win a natty" and "taking Gopher nation to Pasadena" garbage.

Little reminder of Minnesota's last golden boy....

Fleck is a good coach, but for a guy who hasn't coached a Big Ten game he sure is getting anointed king pretty quickly around here....

Saturday October 28th in Kinnick can't get here soon enough! Hope its a night game!

Iowa offered Van Dyne two days before he committed to Minnesota, pretty sure he had his mind made up. I could see if this was a year long recruiting battle, but this was far from it. Still would have loved to see this board had Kirk flipped 7-8 "MAC" recruits from Western Michigan. FULL MELTDOWN MODE
Fleck is and will be a clown. He begged for any Big10 job and let's be real here his only hopes of landing were Purdue and Minny. He lucked out but this changes nothing he will be exposed

Fleck is and will be a clown. He begged for any Big10 job and let's be real here his only hopes of landing were Purdue and Minny. He lucked out but this changes nothing he will be exposed
I agree, he jumped at the first Power 5 offer. There have been a lot of MAC to b1g coaches that didn't work out. And they normally go to Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota. Notice a trend?

Latest posts