Harbaugh to the Vikings

He took SF to the NC title game twice and a Super Bowl in his first 3 years. There are plenty of NFL teams that would kill for that.
I referenced above in my post he has a track record in the NFL. I acknowledged that and stated maybe he's a better NFL coach than college. But, was that an anomaly? It's so weird because most of his time at Michigan he was questioned until last season. The question is if he can duplicate what he had going on in San Francisco or was that just a lucky run.

From what I have read, Harbaugh was there for the taking if the Vikings wanted him. He showed up ready to sign a deal. Sounds like the Vikings were still in the vetting stage. I suspect Harbaugh's ego, coupled with the timing of signing day, made him decide not to wait for the Vikings and return home. I also read that Harbaugh was looking for a dumptruck full of cash, a lot of control, and a long term deal. So, sounds like both sides heads were in different places.

I hope the LA OC is a good hire. But man, is there anyway that Harbaugh is not the best hire on paper of anyone available this cycle? To let that slip away is a pretty risky move, Wilf Brothers.......

Finebaum was just on ESPN (shock). For an SEC guy, he sure does know everything.

He reported that the interview did not go well. The Vikings had a way different vision of what they wanted in a HC and Jim did present well. But, Jim was there to take the job and when it wasn't offered and was clear it wasn't going to be offered, he called Michigan back and graciously said he would return. LOL.

Jim is 58. I am guessing that might be his last NFL interview.

I’m a life-long Viking fan and it will be soooo hard switching gears to “liking“ Harbaugh. Got to be other options, don’t do this to me Viking’s.

Finebaum doesn’t know shit about how the interview. He’s a fuckin knothead.
From what I read (not Finebaum, but a couple of other articles). It sounds like the 1st half of the 9 hr interview went really well. This likely covered his coaching style, but then something shifted later in the day when they probably got into conversations about how much control Jimmy wanted and he probably overplayed his hand. I think he had issues with his Front Office later on in SF and wanted more control than the Vikings were willing to cede.

Both of the articles indicated that the Vikings never made an offer.

From what I read (not Finebaum, but a couple of other articles). It sounds like the 1st half of the 9 hr interview went really well. This likely covered his coaching style, but then something shifted later in the day when they probably got into conversations about how much control Jimmy wanted and he probably overplayed his hand. I think he had issues with his Front Office later on in SF and wanted more control than the Vikings were willing to cede.

Both of the articles indicated that the Vikings never made an offer.
These kinds of articles (not just the ones about this particular interview) are crap. It's a bunch of made up garbage with unsubstantiated "sources." I could say I have "sources" too because--conveniently--they can't be named.

Think about it.

Jim Harbaugh isn't going to comment on the interview, and the Vikings sure as hell aren't going to comment on the interview. And because of that, they aren't going to refute or comment on anything some random internet blogger says went on during the interview.

It's just crap articles looking for click revenue.

I do believe the reports that Harbaugh left Michigan with the expectation he was going to get offered the Vikings gig and he would take it. The guy from Michigan reporting that had no motive to overplay it, and he talked to staff and recruits to get that reporting. He was saying bye to folks.

The reports both before and after the meeting out of the Vikings camp was that this was a preliminary meeting and no one on their end was expecting any offers to come during this first meeting.

Its all speculation, but I think Harbaugh's ego made assumptions not based in reality. He seemingly thought he was a hotter commodity than he really was and when he walked out the door without an offer in hand, he went: "oh shit, I better call the AD and tell him I still want my job."

Latest posts