Harbaugh to the Vikings

NorthKCHawk

A couple of reporters and a lot of internet echo suggesting that the Vikes will hire Mr. Khakis as its new coach. As a Vikings fan I am pretty okay with this. As obnoxious as the guy is, he has won every place he has coached. He does pretty well with accurate, average arm pocket QBs (although a Michigan coach and Sparty QB is a fun thought), and he usually has good Ds.

I think it is a loss for the Big 10, as Jimmy was just really starting to close the gap between OSU and the rest of the conference. If he does leave, I am sure Michigan will find a solid replacement, but we have seen over the last two decades that Michigan is not always an easy place to win. With the wrong hire, they could be a stinkbomb like Nebraska in a few years.

The NFL aspect is not that big a deal. Your point about whether Mich gets a really good coach or another Rich Rod, who was the same as Nebby's Callahan, who brought in a finesse offense into a battering ran league with cold and bad weather games. It seems like Purdue with Tiller and Brohm is the only basketball on grass teams to do well for more than a few years.

After Schembechler, Mich did well promoting Moeller who had a really good record before some personal aspects took him down. Moeller was a great defensive coordinator and kept the sort of same smash mouth offense with big pass plays.

And Lloyd Carr, after Moeller, was another long time successful Schembechler assistant who knew the culture and had great success. There are probably no more Schembechler assistants to pull out of the hat so is there a Mich grad/program coaching tree guy who is out there to keep their train a rolling? I dont know. Brady Hoke fit that description but he inherited just a big Rich Rod mess.

Let's hope this happens. Not a good time to be in the market for a new coach. Les Miles is done. Urban will never get another call. The hot coordinators have already been scooped up. They'll probably have to call Fitz. I'm not sure who else you could land at this juncture. Maybe Campbell. Maybe the guy at Minnesota. Any way you slice it, one of our rivals has a really good chance of getting torched by this.

it’s a bad time to be in the market for a new coach for another reason…it’s the eleventh hour in the late signing period. With transfers being instant and unregulated now, even if you thought the school you were going to move to had a decent class of players signed, they could and a lot of them likely would open up their recruitments.

This is a bad thing for Michigan, and a great thing for everyone else because of the timing.

I think Harbaugh saw the writing on the wall at Michigan. OSU dominates the conference and is always 1 of the top 2 teams. Teams like Mich, MSU, PSU are lucky to win the Big ten once a decade. And unless you are OSU, you then get blown out in the playoffs.

What Harbaugh did in 2021 is as good as it gets at Michigan. I hope for his sake he gets the job, because he does not want to go crawling back to Michigan now.

Tom Brady
No way. He wants to sit in his mansion, watch his kids grow up, and fool around with his hot wife. If he wanted a real job, he would keep playing. Coaching requires 70 hours a week commitment year round. The GOAT wants the opposite of that.

Matt Rhule from Carolina. He has ties and Michigan could give him similar money and a lot more job security.

This may be the situation that entices Matt Campbell away if he wants to get a little closer to him home roots and coach in the BIG. Not sure when Ryan Day would leave. The BIG 12 is turning into a hot mess so he may find this too enticing. I'm calling it!

Kind of funny. He had the one great year at Michigan. Up to that point it wasn't all that good. He does have the track record in the NFL though, so maybe he's geared more for the NFL. Without that track record, I don't know if I'd pull that trigger if I was an NFL team.

This may be the situation that entices Matt Campbell away if he wants to get a little closer to him home roots and coach in the BIG. Not sure when Ryan Day would leave. The BIG 12 is turning into a hot mess so he may find this too enticing. I'm calling it!
While I think the new Big 12 will be a decent football conference, I don't see them competing with the other P4 conferences in terms of TV deals. There just won't be the same $$ available to them as everyone else. And coaches won't be getting the $4M+ yearly contracts like the others.

This is why I see Campbell leaving Ames before the spring of '23 at the latest.

Kind of funny. He had the one great year at Michigan. Up to that point it wasn't all that good. He does have the track record in the NFL though, so maybe he's geared more for the NFL. Without that track record, I don't know if I'd pull that trigger if I was an NFL team.

A year ago we were wondering how long he'd be able to hang on to his job at Michigan, now he's back in the NFL. I'm sad to see him go, I think what he did this year was an anomaly.

A year ago we were wondering how long he'd be able to hang on to his job at Michigan, now he's back in the NFL. I'm sad to see him go, I think what he did this year was an anomaly.

61-24 at Michigan. Was he really that bad of a coach?

10-3
10-3
8-5
10-3
9-4
2-4
12-2

I know. I don't get all the luv for the guy. To me, it's kind of a risk. I don't understand why NFL execs are so quick to take risks these days, like there is no in depth evaluation anymore. You'd think with the $$ involved, they'd really do it carefully. A lot of teams don't and just keep f'ing up.

I know. I don't get all the luv for the guy. To me, it's kind of a risk. I don't understand why NFL execs are so quick to take risks these days, like there is no in depth evaluation anymore. You'd think with the $$ involved, they'd really do it carefully. A lot of teams don't and just keep f'ing up.
He took SF to the NC title game twice and a Super Bowl in his first 3 years. There are plenty of NFL teams that would kill for that.

61-24 at Michigan. Was he really that bad of a coach?

10-3
10-3
8-5
10-3
9-4
2-4
12-2

We are talking Michigan here. Hell Iowa would have pinned another loss on his ass had they not chickened out last year. I mean he wasn't Brady Hoke bad but he wasn't all that special at Michigan. It took him 6 tries to beat Ohio State, hasn't won a bowl game since 2015, and just won his first Big Ten championship game.

Before any of you yahoos start posting KF comparisons let me remind you we are talking MICHIGAN here, Ann Arbor sits among the hot beds of talent in the country. You match Michigan with a name like Harbaugh and there are not many living rooms (in some cases bed room) he can't get into in the country.

Harbaugh is Harbaugh, antics and all. I don't particularly care for him. Here he is on signing day still leaving his verbals in outer space. He's so "we care for you" when recruiting them yet consider the position he's left these recruits are in right now. This is an example put forth at times by some as to why a recently committed recruit can't leave immediately under these circumstances yet coaches have no problem doing so.

Maybe he'll return to UM but that really doesn't change the message he sends in my opinion. Harbaugh is interested in one person. Actions speak louder than words.

The Bears were already getting crucified for making another cookie cutter coaching hire that keeps the excitement meter steady as a dial tone.

Many bears fans and media wanted Harbaugh. Not only did they not get him, someone else in the division did. McCaskey said money would not be an issue in determining their choice of coach.

Yup! And I got a hot date tonight with Robin Meade as well!

Latest posts