Harbaugh NFL Bound?!

Pretty good comparision actually.

BTW, Larry Brown is the only coach to win both an NCAA title and an NBA title as a coach.

There are 3 football coaches who've done it. Can you name them?
Barry Switzer
Pete Carroll

And I am struggling to think of the last one.

Pretty good comparision actually.

BTW, Larry Brown is the only coach to win both an NCAA title and an NBA title as a coach.

There are 3 football coaches who've done it. Can you name them?

Pete Carroll
Jimmy Johnson
Barry Switzer

Pete Carrol has forgotten more about football than most coaches know. He let Wilson go. He looks pretty smart right now.

Wilson will be 35 next year. He could still play another 4-5 years given how QBs are coddled, but then again, a big part of his game is extending plays, scrambling and running. Those skills don't usually age well into your late 30s. I have seen a number of games this year, and from what I can see, the problem is consistency and talent around him. His coach also sucked. A new coach might squeeze some life out of him, but they have no high draft picks the next two years because of the trade, so no young help ius coming on the line or WR room.

I don't see any head coach moving Denver past the Chiefs or Chargers in the next few years, so other than the money, I don't see a ton of upside to Denver's job.
This part right here.... And the Raiders aren't crazy far off from being more competitive if they just get a good QB. Their roster isn't bad they just gave the 49ers a tough game. So yeah that Denver gig is a tough one to see much upside with initially. If they think a guy like Sean Payton would jump all over the Denver job I would say they are mistaken. He's got options and I can't see him wanting to take on a challenge quite like that

This part right here.... And the Raiders aren't crazy far off from being more competitive if they just get a good QB. Their roster isn't bad they just gave the 49ers a tough game. So yeah that Denver gig is a tough one to see much upside with initially. If they think a guy like Sean Payton would jump all over the Denver job I would say they are mistaken. He's got options and I can't see him wanting to take on a challenge quite like that

I have a feeling the Raiders coaches/organization realize they have something in that back-up QB that just started. He might be alright.

I have a feeling the Raiders coaches/organization realize they have something in that back-up QB that just started. He might be alright.
Yeah how he does this last game will be interesting. He'll get a longer look in training camp next yr that's for sure. Depending on what they do this off season. Hell they are one of the places Brady is rumored to be considering

Yeah how he does this last game will be interesting. He'll get a longer look in training camp next yr that's for sure. Depending on what they do this off season. Hell they are one of the places Brady is rumored to be considering

San Francisco is already a mess with many wrenches in their QB situation, with Purdy now potentially leading them to the SB. There is also rumor of Brady going there as that is back home, which would really be interesting with that wrench. Not sure I would take a flier on an aging QB, though.

San Francisco is already a mess with many wrenches in their QB situation, with Purdy now potentially leading them to the SB. There is also rumor of Brady going there as that is back home, which would really be interesting with that wrench. Not sure I would take a flier on an aging QB, though.
It felt like Shanahan let that ship sail the yr Brady picked Tampa to begin with. I'd be surprised if they went that way now. Like you said he's only 2 yrs older now what are you gonna get out of him 1 yr? They still have Lance and I assume training camp will be a battle between he and Purdy now. I think that's what the 9ers will stick with and let the best man win between them.

Did you cheat? LOL. Nailed it.

No, everybody remembers the Cowboys of the '90's. Was Pete Carroll's NCAA title vacated or did the Reggie Bush fallout not impact that? I thought one was vacated and that USC didn't win the BCS title one of those years that wasn't vacated. I would have to research it, but I thought Carroll's would need some sort of asterisk.

It'd be wild if Harbaugh leaves... I mean Michigan is sitting pretty in a really good place now. Who would they go after to replace him? Would Matt Campbell be on their list? Does he take it? (he sure as hell should but he's turned down other good offers) It'll be interesting as all get out to see how this plays out

The Broncos ownership has said they will spend whatever it takes to get the best coach that can possibly be gotten. They want an established NFL guy with a track record of winning, and they will pay whatever it takes to get him. Harbaugh fits the mold. Don't be shocked to see a deal with the Broncos approaching 15 mill a year for a guy like Harbaugh.

That said, Jim is not walking into a full rebuild. So, he either believes he can turn Russ Wilson around or he passes no matter what the money offer. Jim strikes me as a guy who believes he can turn Russ back around.

As a Chiefs fan, I am not rooting for this.

Feel the same way myself

That statement is utter bullshit, and that is not a criticism. He was literally ready to board a plane to Minneapolis last year at this time to be named the new Vikings coach (in retrospect, we Vikings fans may have dodged a bullet there). If the right opportunity presents itself in the NFL, he will take it. But, if it doesn't, he still has to recruit talent to Michigan and he can't do that if players doubt he will be there. So, he puts out this BS statement. He "expects" to be Michigan's coach, but no one knows "what the future holds." As much as I don't like Harbaugh, he is an astute coach and this is what he needs to say right now to hedge his bets. And, there is sort of a veiled honestly here that I strangely respect. He is at least offering a wink and a nod to the fact that he may bolt, which is more than a lot of coaches in his situation say (Hi Dieon Sanders). But, any recruit with an IQ over 80 should see this for what it is. I would give 50/50 odds at best that Harbaugh is in Ann Arbor next year. At best.

Latest posts