Halftime Scores of Iowa's Last 3 Road Games

Amazing stat, Jon. In the first half we spotted opponents 19, 20 and 20 points.

Opponents jumped on us early and often. Good coaching will do that.

Well, they are on the road. In the Big10. At some of the toughest places in the Big10 to play. Against NCAA tournament teams in the Big10 at some of the toughest places in the Big10 to play. Iowa is young playing against NCAA tournament teams at some of the toughest places in the Big10 to play.

Nah, I don't believe it either.

I agree with CFHawk it's absolutely embarassing! 15 points against Purdue has got to be some sort of modern day Iowa record for futility.
I heard a stat last night that Iowa has lost 17 or more games in a season, only 3 times, All Lickliter era.
MOVE ON!

from @thebstiles on twitter..

34-15 @ Purdue
39-19 @ Northwestern
36-16 @ Wisconsin

Purdue and Wisconsin are both Top 10 Pomeroy teams.
I'm not condoning the results, but it's not like Iowa put up under 20 pts each half against VMI or Bryant on the road.

It is a crazy stat, though. A crazy, awful stat.

Purdue and Wisconsin are both Top 10 Pomeroy teams.
I'm not condoning the results, but it's not like Iowa put up under 20 pts each half against VMI or Bryant on the road.

It is a crazy stat, though. A crazy, awful stat.

Yeah....but NW blows so it seems to me that no matter who we play on the road there isnt much hope (if any)

The Northwestern one is the most troubling. Nice team but not 39-19 good. The other two are tough matchups.

I totally agree, and that's why I did not include NW in my post. That was the worst game of the year by far for Iowa.

A major reason last night was because we had to play against Wisconsin on Senior Night and we have to play Minnesota on Senior Night.

That was Lickliter's latest excuse...

Had we not had to play on Senior Night, I'm sure Iowa would have played much better.

The Northwestern one is the most troubling. Nice team but not 39-19 good. The other two are tough matchups.

They are all inexcusable. If you are down 20 points at half to anybody on multiple occassions there really isnt a good justification for it

A major reason last night was because we had to play against Wisconsin on Senior Night and we have to play Minnesota on Senior Night.

That was Lickliter's latest excuse...

Had we not had to play on Senior Night, I'm sure Iowa would have played much better.

I couldnt believe he used that as an excuse. That was officially the last straw for me.

Latest posts