Hairgel goes down to the JackWabbits

Wow. I saw the score on espn.com but I just assumed by the abbreviation that it was San Diego State. That's a pretty awful loss for them.

f9fae0efa25cb49d.jpg

New Mexico was rated number 15 before the game.......

When they beat us Fran's first game, we were somewhat raw......

Wow. I saw the score on espn.com but I just assumed by the abbreviation that it was San Diego State. That's a pretty awful loss for them.

The Jackrabbits played in the NCAA tourney last year. Gave Baylor a tough game in the first round. I don't think this would qualify as an awful loss.

I'm an SDSU graduate, so the loss for SA is especially gratifying.

Your guys hate for Alfred is quite a bit more rampant then ISU's hate for Chizik or McDermott.

Yeah and it isn't even close really. The atmosphere surrounding Iowa basketball and the sense of entitlement that stayed with the program after Alfraud left led to a toxic environment when Lickliter came in and had no idea how to build a program. Also, I think that Lickliter believed that Iowa was in a lot better shape when he took over...uh, not at all.

When Lickliter took over, I still feel that he didn't trust his assistants much in the recruiting process. Here is probably the best example. Four years ago Iowa offered a kid in Indiana that was 6'8"/210 lbs. with a moppy haircut...recruited mainly by LaVall Jordan. For whatever reason, Iowa completely stopped recruiting him, it wasn't that he dropped Iowa as Iowa was one of three schools on his list at the time and the only Major conference team. Three years later he was the No. 1 player in his class heading into the season by Rivals, but eventually settled in the 30's.

The player: Mitch McGary and was recruited to Michigan by LaVall Jordan. This is the best example I can think of, but there were others that the staff, especially Jordan were after, but focused more on players like Andrew Brommer. Obviously, Iowa was never going to get a lot of the players that they were after, but refocusing after you have players walk away every year and filling scholarships because you have to is a negative that will not attract top players to begin with.

The cupboard was left bare by Alford, but Lickliter didn't position himself to refill it as he had to replace all the defections. I guess I look at a guys like David Palmer and Jermain Davis and wonder where they went after they felt the deserved so much playing time.

One thing that Alford and Lickliter had in common was fighting for criminals as Alford sold his soul for Pierce and Lickliter did all he could to keep Tucker. Each had their focus on the wrong players.

The Jackrabbits played in the NCAA tourney last year. Gave Baylor a tough game in the first round. I don't think this would qualify as an awful loss.

I'm an SDSU graduate, so the loss for SA is especially gratifying.

Congratulations on the win, but before I made it out like they were a great team I'd check to make sure they didn't just lose 76-49 to Belmont.

This was a HORRIBLE loss to any team who wants to be considered in the top 25.

SDSU has two Iowa kids on their roster from the Northwest region of the state. One was on his way to ISU b4 Greg took his coaching style to Omaha. Will be interesting to see if they win their conference and roll to the dance in back to back years. Overall, this wasn't much of an upset.

Latest posts