Greg Garmon vs. Barkley Hill

Hawkeye27

Our 2012-2013 season will undoubtedly feature the likes of a freshman runningback, in fact I would say the odds are that both players will have time on the field. My question here is who will produce the most yards for the hawkeyes this year out of the two Highschool phenoms. Garmon or Hill?
Let me refresh your memory.

Greg Garmon- Listed between 6'1'' 200 lbs and 6'2'' 195 lbs (Perhaps a little lighter than listed). From Erie, Pa. He is a 4 star athlete and a cancer survivor who knows perseverance through adversity. He has been reported running a 4.4 40 yard dash. His build looks like one of a receiver on film. - More of a slice and dice, agile sort of runner, but does like to go forward as opposed to lateral and has good hands. Below is a video. The 2 minute 30 second mark is my favorie run

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnhwlWCofr4]Greg Garmon #13 RB, DB, KR, ATH Senior Highlights 2011 McDowell H.S. Erie, PA - YouTube[/ame]

Barkley Hill- Listed between 6'0'' 200 lbs and 6'0'' 19o lbs from Cedar falls, Iowa. He is between a 2 and 3 star rated athlete. He was chosen as Iowa's Gatorade HS player of the year, and excels in the classroom with a 3.5 gpa Barkley has been reported running in the 4.5's towards the higher end (4.59). Hill is a bit more compact than Garmon, and looks for contact when he finishes. Below is a clip of Hill and another rb, but mainly Hill. It was hard to find videos of him at jr. year or above.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8JIm_rW0c]Barkley Hill and James Harrington Mix - YouTube[/ame]

There you have it. Garmon vs. Hill. Who do you think will contribute most? Who has the most yards, td's etc. Take your picks.

i think it comes down to which tandem will be the 2 back system.

1) garmon and hill

or

2) bullock and hill

so i guess since i think hill is in either i go with him. so my question is will bullock or garmon be a wr?

Our 2012-2013 season will undoubtedly feature the likes of a freshman runningback, in fact I would say the odds are that both players will have time on the field. My question here is who will produce the most yards for the hawkeyes this year out of the two Highschool phenoms. Garmon or Hill?
Let me refresh your memory.

Greg Garmon- Listed between 6'1'' 200 lbs and 6'2'' 195 lbs (Perhaps a little lighter than listed). From Erie, Pa. He is a 4 star athlete and a cancer survivor who knows perseverance through adversity. He has been reported running a 4.4 40 yard dash. His build looks like one of a receiver on film. - More of a slice and dice, agile sort of runner, but does like to go forward as opposed to lateral and has good hands. Below is a video. The 2 minute 30 second mark is my favorie run

Greg Garmon #13 RB, DB, KR, ATH Senior Highlights 2011 McDowell H.S. Erie, PA - YouTube

Barkley Hill- Listed between 6'0'' 200 lbs and 6'0'' 19o lbs from Cedar falls, Iowa. He is between a 2 and 3 star rated athlete. He was chosen as Iowa's Gatorade HS player of the year, and excels in the classroom with a 3.5 gpa Barkley has been reported running in the 4.5's towards the higher end (4.59). Hill is a bit more compact than Garmon, and looks for contact when he finishes. Below is a clip of Hill and another rb, but mainly Hill. It was hard to find videos of him at jr. year or above.

Barkley Hill and James Harrington Mix - YouTube

There you have it. Garmon vs. Hill. Who do you think will contribute most? Who has the most yards, td's etc. Take your picks.

I like Garmon for the most yards. But if we get into the redzone, if we were to put the ball in a freshman rb's hands, I would guess Hill's because he is more compact and physical runner. So I would give the most Td's to Hill. More yards to Garmon, more td's to Hill, if and only if we give it to a freshman on the goal line. Otherwise Garmon for most yards and td's.

i think it comes down to which tandem will be the 2 back system.

1) garmon and hill

or

2) bullock and hill

so i guess since i think hill is in either i go with him. so my question is will bullock or garmon be a wr?

That will be interesting. Garmon sure does look like a wr though. lol did you see his body? Long and lanky and has good hands

i think it comes down to which tandem will be the 2 back system.1) garmon and hillor2) bullock and hillso i guess since i think hill is in either i go with him. so my question is will bullock or garmon be a wr?
That will be interesting. Garmon sure does look like a wr though. lol did you see his body? Long and lanky and has good hands

thing is bullock is similar to garmon in build and running style. plus he played wr last yr until we had the rb troubles.

thing is bullock is similar to garmon in build and running style. plus he played wr last yr until we had the rb troubles.

I think that because they promised Garmon a runningback position, they would keep him there. They don't want anymore unhappy Freshman runningbacks, or unhappy Rb's in general. Unless Garmon is up for it, I think he will probably stay as the runningback position.

Garmon will not be a WR. He will come in and start at RB. Hill is promising and should be workable. Garmon played against much better competition and will be more seasoned. Of course we are talking about the cursed Iowa RB spot so who knows.

Garmon will not be a WR. He will come in and start at RB. Hill is promising and should be workable. Garmon played against much better competition and will be more seasoned. Of course we are talking about the cursed Iowa RB spot so who knows.

Haha if this ain't a curse, idk what is. Garmon does seem to have a better skill set and background.

Like I said in another thread, a source told me Hill has been able to pick up on things quicker than Garmon and is the more ready back at this point, FWIW.

Like I said in another thread, a source told me Hill has been able to pick up on things quicker than Garmon and is the more ready back at this point, FWIW.

Juicy. Do you know when either is coming to Iowa city, I thought sometime in the next week or 2.

Garmon is gonna be a starter by the minnesota game. KF will start Bullock week one, but will slowly imput garmon and hill throughout the year. Bank on it

I think that because they promised Garmon a runningback position, they would keep him there. They don't want anymore unhappy Freshman runningbacks, or unhappy Rb's in general. Unless Garmon is up for it, I think he will probably stay as the runningback position.

personally i think bullock plays some wr next yr. i think garmon and hill do a wegher and arob combo. i think garmon is a step down from wegher but i think hill is at least a step up from arob. either way these are 3 talented guys who will all be on the field this yr.

I think it would depend on the type of offense we run.
Greg Garmon, because I see the offense as more check downs to runningbacks and throwing the deep ball, because I believe our WRs are more flys & curls rather than 8 yard in routes.
Barkley Hill, because the zone blocking scheme has served better for teams with slower, more patient runners than speedian homerun hitters...
Im no help!

Garmon is gonna be a starter by the minnesota game. KF will start Bullock week one, but will slowly imput garmon and hill throughout the year. Bank on it

I could definitely see this. Then this could morph into the arob and wegher combo of the past sorta deal.

I like Garmon for the most yards. But if we get into the redzone, if we were to put the ball in a freshman rb's hands, I would guess Hill's because he is more compact and physical runner. So I would give the most Td's to Hill. More yards to Garmon, more td's to Hill, if and only if we give it to a freshman on the goal line. Otherwise Garmon for most yards and td's.

I'm confident to say when we are inside the 15 yard line the go to guy will be the fullback, Brad Rogers.

personally i think bullock plays some wr next yr. i think garmon and hill do a wegher and arob combo. i think garmon is a step down from wegher but i think hill is at least a step up from arob. either way these are 3 talented guys who will all be on the field this yr.
I think it is the exact opposite. I feel like Hill is a bit of a downgrade from Robinson (huge man crush on ARob and his running style) and I think Garmon is going to be an upgrade on Wegher. That said I like them both but they have to prove it on the field.

I'm confident to say when we are inside the 15 yard line the go to guy will be the fullback, Brad Rogers.
I liked what I saw out of Rogers when he carried the ball as a freshman. I would love to see him at tailback and one of out big backup o linemen at fullback on the goal line

Latest posts