Greg Garmon Transferring

busabus114

Per Twitter

Yes....I'm citing twitter as a source

Bob Lichtenfels ‏@BobLichtenfels
Former Erie (Pa.) McDowell four-star RB Greg Garmon has just told me he asked for and received release from #Iowa and will transfer.

Re: Garmon Transferring

Wow, apparently Canzeri's dad and Garmon both felt the same way about playing time. I really thought that Canzeri would transfer before Garmon. Then again, maybe the coaching staff told him they wanted him to play WR in the slot more than RB and he wants to be play RB. I don't know the back story just thinking out loud. I still believe the staff wasn't using him and his skill set correctly.

You had to know one of the three would leave..it's an Iowa Football tradition unlike any other.

Wow, apparently Canzeri's dad and Garmon both felt the same way about playing time. I really thought that Canzeri would transfer before Garmon. Then again, maybe the coaching staff told him they wanted him to play WR in the slot more than RB and he wants to be play RB. I don't know the back story just thinking out loud. I still believe the staff wasn't using him and his skill set correctly.

Don't speak too soon. I won't be surprised if Canzeri leaves as well.

Don't speak too soon. I won't be surprised if Canzeri leaves as well.

True but now that would mean Canzeri is no worse than 3rd, 4th on the roster for RBs. Think about it, you have Wiesman who has an issue staying healthy because he is used as a brusier type back. Then Bullock is a concussion case and once you get a concussion it is easier to get another one. Then after that there isn't any real experience ahead of him. He would be stupid to leave unless the coaching staff told him he was going to be passed up which I really don't know if this staff actually does that or not.

Good luck in FCS third stringer...

I think he is better than FCS but coming to Iowa probably wasn't a good move for him now seeing how they were going to use him. Plus he should have gotten more reps down the stretch to see what he could do, get some real experience. I think he had alot of offers out of HS but I think most people wanted him as a WR or DB. If he wants to play RB he is probably looking at FCS like you said.

I really hope this isn't true. The athletic site hasn't said anything yet.

I really hope this isn't true. The athletic site hasn't said anything yet.

If KF has his way, the athletic department won't make an announcement until spring ball or until Garmon selects where he is going to transfer.

Not very surprising. I don't think he was ever going to be a true up the middle type of back which I'm sure he pictures himself as. Iowa's running game will always be the same under Ferentz and Garmon was more fit to be a slot guy. He either saw the next 3 years going the same way and wanted out or Ferentz wanted him to change position in my opinion.

Latest posts