Greg Davis as OC?

Peolpe in hell want ice water but they aint getting it. Sounds like it would be a good hire. But we all know KF isnt going outside the program to hire.

There was no case to be made to go outside the program for defense. It has been the stalwart unit under KFs tenure and so promoting from within only made sense.

I have a feeling that we will see an "outsider" hired for the OC, though. Just my gut feeling.

Didn't Davis run more of a spread style attack or was he mostly pro? Every time I recall watching a Texas game Colt McCoy and Vince Young always seemed to be passing from the shotgun

Good! Because every QB Iowa has on their roster played from the shotgun in high school.

Davis is terrible and hated by many Texas fans. You can take the KOK situation at Iowa and magnify it 100 times.

Davis turned down Andrew Luck. Luck wanted to go to Texas badly but Davis said he couldn't run his offense.

Do not want.

davis could work as he has done a lot of things with texas. under his watch they ran prostyle power football and spread. he could incorporate a lot of things to fit our personnel.

moore is obviously a prostyle guy that could groom a future oc. i think both would be major gets.

really i think where both would be helpful is an upgrade in route combinations and i think both use packages to get good match ups.

btw everything i have seen is kok ran more of a west coast system when he was a head coach...not a spread.

I don't know but both he and Moore have qb coaching ties. I think we can see what KF is looking for with this hire.

Davis is terrible and hated by many Texas fans. You can take the KOK situation at Iowa and magnify it 100 times.

Davis turned down Andrew Luck. Luck wanted to go to Texas badly but Davis said he couldn't run his offense.

Do not want.
I agree. I am not impressed at first glance. I'd take Moore first any day, but maybe he told them he can't do it anymore.

So I googled him and this is what came up. Looks pretty familiar.

Greg-Davis-3rd-and-5.jpg

Texas has been spread heavy recently, but going back they have been more like Ohio State's philosophy when they ran multiple offenses and adapted to the QB's skillset. In the Alamo Bowl against us they had McCoy under center for a large part of the game until they realized it wasn't working and then spread us out. I don't have an opinion one way or the other on him because I don't know his whole track record, but he didn't just run a spread offense.

for recruiting in Texas it would be good , also coaching for Texas for that long he has to have a good idea of what it takes to succeed at a high level

for recruiting in Texas it would be good , also coaching for Texas for that long he has to have a good idea of what it takes to succeed at a high level

Yes, a jar full of M&M's that you let Mack Brown nibble on and a firm, yet friendly, back slap is how a guy like him hung on for that long at Texas.

You don't lose a guy like O'Keefe, who many commentators referred to as "one of the best in business," to the NFL and then replace him with a retread like Davis.

Latest posts