Greatest Individual Game In Iowa History

Fryowa

Administrator
Sorry, but it was. There have been games with more consequence, but there’s never been a greater individual game in Iowa history.

This, folks, is why I’ve never left an athletic contest before it’s over. Never done it. Those schleps driving home deserve to have missed the greatest comeback and game in general in Iowa Hawkeye history. Better think twice next time.

Sorry, but it was. There have been games with more consequence, but there’s never been a greater individual game in Iowa history.

This, folks, is why I’ve never left an athletic contest before it’s over. Never done it. Those schleps driving home deserve to have missed the greatest comeback and game in general in Iowa Hawkeye history. Better think twice next time.
I’m proud to say I saw the whole thing. Iowa played loose and with great intensity at the end. Second biggest last minute comeback IN NCAA HISTORY!

I was at the game. I have to admit, my friend and I went to the concourse with about a minute to play, thinking it was over. But we stayed and when it got to overtime, went back to our seats. The greatest comeback game that I've ever witnessed in person. And nothing else is really close.

My 68 year old uncle who I’ve mentioned before on this board is in the hospital and not doing great (he’s not gonna die or anything, just not well right now)…I went to visit him about 5 mins before tip and we watched the whole thing together. Made a bunch of noise and ruckus but I had the door shut so screw ‘em if they can’t take a joke.

We both said this was the greatest Iowa game we’ve ever seen and probably will ever see.

This team ain’t gonna do big things in the post season and won’t go down as one of the more memorable squads by any stretch, but this game was the pinnacle in school history.

There are only 2 games left in the season for us and it's still possible to get as high as a 2 seed in the conference tournament and as low as a 12 seed. How crazy is that that 10-10 could get a 12 seed this year in the big 10 tournament?

Greatest comeback for sure. Greatest game I would have to disagree. I think Iowa’s win that sent them to their last final four owns that recognition.

It was GREAT to see Iowa do the improbable. Seems too often it the other fanbase celebrating things like this.

Agreed,

It would have been Izzo like for that last MSU shot in regulation to fall. Luck of the Irish type of thing.

Latest posts