Greatest Individual Game In Iowa History

Greatest comeback for sure. Greatest game I would have to disagree. I think Iowa’s win that sent them to their last final four owns that recognition.
False.

Like I said there have been games with greater consequences, but I’ve seen that game and taken individually it pales in comparison to today. Sorry.

False.

Like I said there have been games with greater consequences, but I’ve seen that game and taken individually it pales in comparison to today. Sorry.
Game implies a whole game. Hawks were pretty bad for much of this game. The final 4 run had a couple of games that were just intense the whole way and well played.

Yea but Fry is talking about a team comeback, not great individual plays or game that had consequence. I for the life of me can't understand how some people don't understand the points of a thread or post.

What’s embarrassing? Should he just saw Aw shucks when refs are acting a fool?
I think he needs to stop acting like a psycho (even if it is a well-choregraphed act)......it costs his team points when he gets technicals and it rarely does any good for his team.

Last edited:
I am devastated that you were embarrassed. No worries. It will pass.
If he would been tossed, Iowa losses this game. We needed absolutely everything to go down like it did......thankfully he was not tossed......Fran needs to get his emotions in check...but he won't.

I agree with Fry, still the greatest single game in history we witnessed.....but a Fran ejection would have spoiled this wonderful moment.

I may be wrong, but I think I remember a Miller team who came back from a 10 pt deficit with one minute to play. Of course there were no 3's at the time. That is a comparable if not greter accomplishment.

If he would been tossed, Iowa losses this game. We needed absolutely everything to go down like it did......thankfully he was not tossed......Fran needs to get his emotions in check...but he won't.

I agree with Fry, still the greatest single game in history we witnessed.....but a Fran ejection would have spoiled this wonderful moment.

I thought this was his emotions in check. He kept his mouth shut. What's the ref gonna do? "But he was looking at me!!" I liked when the ref stepped closer after Fran did.

Maybe the guys loosened up without him in the huddle and seeing what he was doing. They definitely played differently after that.

I thought this was his emotions in check. He kept his mouth shut. What's the ref gonna do? "But he was looking at me!!" I liked when the ref stepped closer after Fran did.

Maybe the guys loosened up without him in the huddle and seeing what he was doing. They definitely played differently after that.
Could be looked at as intimidation moving up close to his personal space......Fran is a marked man.....just don't think he needs to risk it or provoke the officials. Thankfully, today the ref let it go.

Could be looked at as intimidation moving up close to his personal space......Fran is a marked man.....just don't think he needs to risk it or provoke the officials. Thankfully, today the ref let it go.
His antics almost always spark the team in a positive result. Not always (see Northwestern) but hard to argue that the state down wasnt part of the momentum shift. We were down 10 at that point with just over a minute

I think he needs to stop acting like a psycho (even if it is a well-choregraphed act)......it costs his team points when he gets technicals and it rarely does any good for his team.
It almost always does something good for the team. When Fran gets a T or has a blow up, the team responds well. He’s been doing it for a decade now, almost always helps. Almost always. Not always, but almost always…. Helps, not hurts

It almost always does something good for the team. When Fran gets a T or has a blow up, the team responds well. He’s been doing it for a decade now, almost always helps. Almost always. Not always, but almost always…. Helps, not hurts
Basically, there are 2 ways you can look at Fran’s antics: 1) he knows exactly what he’s doing “acting” as some has characterized 2) he let’s situations during the game get the best of him and truly looses it. Personally I think it’s the latter. He can’t keep his emotions under control and he goes off the deep end. I think it’s a bad look for the team and the fans. I spent yesterday at a bar in Florida watching this game. The couple sitting next to me were from Wisconsin and commented on Fran’s outbursts. It gets old. I should’ve said “oh he’s just acting.”