Greatest Fans in College footbal?

Will you still be wearing your Husker football gear?Or will you have switched over to your Creighton basketball gear like the rest of your bandwagon fanbase?
Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

huh?

I dont know about the greatest fans, maybe we should ask Vin. How bout it Vin? You REALLY do need a hobby.

O.k. got a question: Besides of course Nebraska, who has the greatest fans in college football?

If I had to guess...and I do...I would say any fanbase that can actually spell "football" correctly would rank ahead of Nebraska's...

Nebraska fans have to be in the top 5. All those sellouts and if you think we travel well, they do that and then some. And who doesn't leave early down by 10 and playing like crap? hell i have hawk fans that leave in the middle of the 4th quarter to get a jump on traffic no matter what the score/situation.

I was on the sideline of Saturday's Northwestern at Nebraska game and could not believe some of the language coming from the seats. Now, I have been on many sidelines and close to the action on many occasions, at various venues, but some of these morons took the prize. I mean Iowa fans can get on a player, or an official, but they sound like grade school taunts in comparison.

And none of it was at all witty or humorous ... at least make em laugh a bit ...

I'm not saying that Nebraska fans are the greatest, but are you really going to harp on people leaving with 2 minutes to go? That happens in Lincoln regardless of the outcome.

All I know is that we have sold out over 300 games in a row, so bandwagon is not a term I would use on Nebraska football fans.

I love when Nebraska fans pull the sellout thing. Any team can have a 300 game sellout streak if they are willing to give away the last few thousand tickets to the game on Friday afternoon of any game that isn't yet a sellout. Other teams just have more integrity than to do this simply to continue a sellout streak.

And before you ask for a link - no I don't have one. There is no way to link to the period email sent to select alumni (of which I have personally seen) or a radio announcement (which I have personally heard). So yes you are still welcome to claim that I have no clue what I am talking about and continue to be all high and mighty with your sellout streak - but I for one will not be buying it as I know the truth.

I hate people who are bad at trolling. If you're going to do it do it right. Make it entertaining or something.

Sellouts mean nothing to me. They sellout because they win big consistently, not because of the quality of their fans. That is a bogus argument.

I would like to see how many Nebraska fans would attend if they had 20 consecutive losing seasons. Iowa averaged almost 50,000 fans at home games during that time period. I'm guessing Nebraska wouldn't approach that number.

Penn State has the greatest fans. They love their Cowardly Lions so much that they are willing to brush aside child rape.

/snark(?)

I love when Nebraska fans pull the sellout thing. Any team can have a 300 game sellout streak if they are willing to give away the last few thousand tickets to the game on Friday afternoon of any game that isn't yet a sellout. Other teams just have more integrity than to do this simply to continue a sellout streak.

And before you ask for a link - no I don't have one. There is no way to link to the period email sent to select alumni (of which I have personally seen) or a radio announcement (which I have personally heard). So yes you are still welcome to claim that I have no clue what I am talking about and continue to be all high and mighty with your sellout streak - but I for one will not be buying it as I know the truth.
I would love to see or hear that. I listen to sports talk radio on the average of 6 to 7 hours per day, and I have never heard that radio advertisement.

I know that when tickets get returned to the University (traveling team), they put them back for sale, and advertise them. But they have always been snatched up, by whom, I do not know. But the tickets are sold, and the NCAA recognizes them at sellouts, so I guess I'll take their word over the word of a poster on a message board, especially when there is no proof of such.

Crunching numbers, official capacity is 81,067, yet attendance averages over 85K per game. Maybe that is where you are getting confused.

Sellouts mean nothing to me. They sellout because they win big consistently, not because of the quality of their fans. That is a bogus argument.

I would like to see how many Nebraska fans would attend if they had 20 consecutive losing seasons. Iowa averaged almost 50,000 fans at home games during that time period. I'm guessing Nebraska wouldn't approach that number.
It's pretty much common knowledge that the last 10 years have been pretty poor at NU. I know, because Hawk fans have no qualms about telling me as much, yet we still get 85K in attendance per game.

As for fans leaving early, it happens pretty much every game and has been for years. Our fanbase is elderly, and they want to get a jump on the traffic. I remember going to games in the 80's and 90's, and people normally start leaving early in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:

Latest posts