Great win!

HaydenHawk56

Give credit where credit is due. They won a game today virtually no one expected them to win. Essentially, it would be really hard for Iowa to not be in the NCAAs now. Just beat Northwestern, split the @Nebraska/MSU games or win one game in the BTT. Shit, if they play like this, it could give us a fighting chance @Illinois or @Michigan.

Congratulations to the team and coaches today. They deserve it.

If Iowa really buckles down, could they get up to the 5-6 seed line?

Give credit where credit is due. They won a game today virtually no one expected them to win. Essentially, it would be really hard for Iowa to not be in the NCAAs now. Just beat Northwestern, split the @Nebraska/MSU games or win one game in the BTT. Shit, if they play like this, it could give us a fighting chance @Illinois or @Michigan.

Surprising, massive win. Wow

The way the game started with the Buckeyes killing us in the paint I didn't think we stood a chance. Somehow we adjusted or just dug a bit deeper and in the second half Hawks were tough. CMac hitting a dagger....didn't see that coming. Big win

Very happy with the win and how we played. I hope we can continue to play that kind of defense. It seems like the offense takes care of itself when we do.

I hesitate to count future games in the win column, however. The old mantra, one game at a time applies here. It's a long season and full of ups and downs. I think Northwestern is a tough game for us. Would love to follow up today with a solid win against Michigan State on Tuesday. Go Hawks!

Basically held OSU to 41pts over last 33 min.
That play will allow you to win anywhere.
Impressed with the toughness in the paint on both ends by Hawks as a team.

OSU doesn't have a Kofi, Eddy, Dickinson - Hawks can compete better with these types
Phillip has become one of my favorites. Gives 100% and actually plays a valuable role. Out of his league, arguably, but I sure appreciate his effort. Obviously his team mates really love him. College sports!
BTW. He is one tough SOB. Wish he had been around when JBO got sucker punched…

Last edited:
Very happy with the win and how we played. I hope we can continue to play that kind of defense. It seems like the offense takes care of itself when we do.

I hesitate to count future games in the win column, however. The old mantra, one game at a time applies here. It's a long season and full of ups and downs. I think Northwestern is a tough game for us. Would love to follow up today with a solid win against Michigan State on Tuesday. Go Hawks!
Look back at a lot of the early low expectations, which were likely justified. But with the low spots aside, I really like this team. It’s been fun. Given the obstacles, I really hope they finish strong and go to the dance. They deserve to go.

Signed,
Glass Half Full Guy

As for the defense in the paint vastly improving for the last 30 minutes of the game, I saw 3 key areas.
1. Filip, Connor and the Murrays worked their butts off to not get shoved out of position and just overall great effort in the post.
2. Wing defenders played with more bnall pressure to not allow easy passes to the post.
3. Wing defenders collapsed down quickly to either not allow an easy catch or to disrupt things once the post received the pass.

All of it comes down to effort and hustle, which we saw the last 30 minutes of the game.
Great job

As for the defense in the paint vastly improving for the last 30 minutes of the game, I saw 3 key areas.
1. Filip, Connor and the Murrays worked their butts off to not get shoved out of position and just overall great effort in the post.
2. Wing defenders played with more bnall pressure to not allow easy passes to the post.
3. Wing defenders collapsed down quickly to either not allow an easy catch or to disrupt things once the post received the pass.

All of it comes down to effort and hustle, which we saw the last 30 minutes of the game.
Great job
Good read

Great win. Gave the Buckeyes their only home loss on the season. Great Quad 1 win on the road. Badly needed.

On a side note, refs were allowing the players to play today. Love that they weren't calling fouls on every blocked shot. Guys on both sides had to earn it. There were some that would have easily been called fouls in other games or by a different crew. I liked the aggressiveness and the facts the refs let them play. There was an actual flow to the game it felt like. Players played loose. That's fun.

Ohio St even had more blocks than Iowa.

Had family visiting all weekend and finally got a chance to watch the game Late last night.

The one thing that stood out to me was the confidence we showed. We played like we belonged at Ohio States skill level.

When we caught up to them in the first half you could tell “it was on” and that we weren’t going to “just go away.”

One advantage the Hawks had was conditioning

The buckeyes were fatigued in the first half with a lot of time on the clock

Second half, they simply could not keep up with the intense hawk pressure on D and the
the relentless attack on offense

They were fried as a greasy spoon's hashbrowns the last 5/6 minutes of the
second half

Clock management the last 3/4 minutes was perfection

Fran's substitution patterns are masterful

Jordan is quite a necessary component of this team

As a decoy, for certain, being a constant potential threat on the perimeter

He and Connor, Partick, and The Twins have more game savvy than most
teams they play: Players and Coaches combined

Jordan has the ability to get underneath the skin of the opponents, his deliberate
style on the free-throw line is infuriating to the opposition

This team might have more potential than last year to advance to the second round

It's All Good

One advantage the Hawks had was conditioning

The buckeyes were fatigued in the first half with a lot of time on the clock

Second half, they simply could not keep up with the intense hawk pressure on D and the
the relentless attack on offense

They were fried as a greasy spoon's hashbrowns the last 5/6 minutes of the
second half

Clock management the last 3/4 minutes was perfection

Fran's substitution patterns are masterful

Jordan is quite a necessary component of this team

As a decoy, for certain, being a constant potential threat on the perimeter

He and Connor, Partick, and The Twins have more game savvy than most
teams they play: Players and Coaches combined

Jordan has the ability to get underneath the skin of the opponents, his deliberate
style on the free-throw line is infuriating to the opposition

This team might have more potential than last year to advance to the second round

It's All Good
I really like greasy hash browns. Kind if ruined your post for me. Sorry.

Great win. Gave the Buckeyes their only home loss on the season. Great Quad 1 win on the road. Badly needed.

On a side note, refs were allowing the players to play today. Love that they weren't calling fouls on every blocked shot. Guys on both sides had to earn it. There were some that would have easily been called fouls in other games or by a different crew. I liked the aggressiveness and the facts the refs let them play. There was an actual flow to the game it felt like. Players played loose. That's fun.

re blocks, I don't know the stat, but for a stretch they were blocking everything the Hawks put up, including PMac. I watched the second half again today, and although I knew the outcome, it still felt like a nail biter.

When was the last time you can remember Iowa being allowed to body players on the road. Hell they couldn't do it against Michigan at home, got called for every ticky tack. Hope this is a new trend by the refs to allow Iowa to fight back when they are getting roughed up by their opponents. The real test will be against MSU. If Iowa beats them and can play aggressive defense this can be the start of a wild finish. One thing though, OSU has no Bigs to throw at Iowa, MSU will.

Latest posts