Great Officiating!

truehawk

Everyone was worried but this has been one of the best officiated games all year long. Go stripes!

Everyone was worried but this has been one of the best officiated games all year long. Go stripes!

Disagree. How about the call the went BC's way when he left his feet?

19 FT's for Iowa
0 for Illinois

Last edited:
It was a good job of officiating and that is what Illinois gets for playing the way they do. I only can count 3-4 times I thought a whistle should have been blown and wasn't. Illinois didn't penetrate with the dribble at all and when the ball was in the lane their big guy had the ball.

But if I am an illinois fan I am not happy.

But I'm not and the refs cost Iowa against NW. So I will take it.

Leonard got some calls.
Cartwright was OB on the baseline drive.
White didn't get any calls.

Not too many blown calls overall though, either way.
Still amazed by that.

I bet on the Illinois boards they are complaining about the refs with no free throw attempts the whole game. Blame should be on the players who played bad and not on the refs.

Leonard got some calls.
Cartwright was OB on the baseline drive.
White didn't get any calls.

Not too many blown calls overall though, either way.
Still amazed by that.

White fouled Leonard then got fouled on the rebound in the first half.

The game was called fine as far as I care. I really never worry about officiating much.

maybe a make up by the officials after they screwed Iowa in the NW game, but Illinois had their chances as Iowa did not make a basket the last 10 minutes of the game and Iowa missed 7 of 19 2 of which were the front of 1 n 1

I bet on the Illinois boards they are complaining about the refs with no free throw attempts the whole game. Blame should be on the players who played bad and not on the refs.

On 2nd thought they might be happy they got beat.

I bet on the Illinois boards they are complaining about the refs with no free throw attempts the whole game. Blame should be on the players who played bad and not on the refs.[/QUOTE

I agree but on this board any game Iowa loses there are officiating complaints. Maybe there should just be a rule about complaining about officiating. Iowa did not lose one game this year due to officiating.

My point was I guess they let the game play. For the most part they only called clear fouls and nothing chippy.

Nah, they didn't really care about this game. Plus, from I've seen they know it's because they were chucking.

I agree but on this board any game Iowa loses there are officiating complaints. Maybe there should just be a rule about complaining about officiating. Iowa did not lose one game this year due to officiating.

It's not just this site. All fans do it.

one other thing Illinois shot 26 3's out of 62 shots, not alot of reason to foul and i lost track of dunks that were made

Every board complains about officiating after a loss. But I can only think of 2 games where Iowa really got hosed, at UNI and at home against NW.

It's not just this site. All fans do it.

It's the nature of the beast.

Basketball officiating is one of the most subjective jobs in sports. It's a tough gig. And worse yet, it has an effect on the game.

This is why it's discussed so often, win or lose.

It's an element of the game whether people think it's excuses, crying, whining, etc... it's part of the game.

Latest posts