Graduation Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobHowe

Administrator
James Daniels posted about this study from USC and I'm just getting chance read it all this morning:

LINK

Here's one of the tables comparing B1G schools

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 10.40.27 AM.png

I thought KF said he was selective about not recruiting student athletes that don't fit.

These tables should create anger.

Iowa is at the bottom and take away OSU and PSU....not that close.

What the F is James Daniels trying to prove? If I am KF, I am going to really feel like I got stabbed in the back by this guy.

This study is complete bullshit as it relates to racism in college sports. First of all, they are only using one 4-year recruiting cycle, and in what you see above is the classes of 07, 08, 09, and 10. Also, transfers are considered dropouts regardless if they graduate from their new school or not.

I am not going to waste my time going back and analyzing each recruit, but a quick check sure looks like there are black guys they were good players and graduated, black guys who got beat out and transferred, and black guys that transferred to the federal penitentiary. So to use a small window study from 10 years ago with flawed date to prove a point is ridiculous.

So F you James Daniels and the horse you rode in here with. And Rob, you should be ashamed for posting shit like this.

What the F is James Daniels trying to prove? If I am KF, I am going to really feel like I got stabbed in the back by this guy.

This study is complete bullshit as it relates to racism in college sports. First of all, they are only using one 4-year recruiting cycle, and in what you see above is the classes of 07, 08, 09, and 10. Also, transfers are considered dropouts regardless if they graduate from their new school or not.

I am not going to waste my time going back and analyzing each recruit, but a quick check sure looks like there are black guys they were good players and graduated, black guys who got beat out and transferred, and black guys that transferred to the federal penitentiary. So to use a small window study from 10 years ago with flawed date to prove a point is ridiculous.

So F you James Daniels and the horse you rode in here with. And Rob, you should be ashamed for posting shit like this.

Rob should be ashamed for posting facts?

Ya know, no one is forcing you to be here. Maybe you can make a post letting us all know that you're not gonna take it anymore!

You're also welcome to post any data that runs contrary to this study, but I'm willing to bet they would show similar trends.

These numbers do need to be taken with a pretty big grain of salt. There's a litany of factors that could be at play here.

What are the graduation rates between different sports teams at the university? How many black athletes dropped out due to grades? Personal issues? Transferred and later graduated from another school? Players who declared for professional sports early and either got their degree at a later date or never finished?

Without all of those numbers we cannot definitively say black player graduation rate is either a problem with or the fault of the Iowa football team.

Quit ripping on James Daniels. He left early to play in the NFL, and he still managed to graduate from Iowa in 4 years (even while playing in the NFL during his 4th year). He did not post data about Iowa, specifically. The report he posted was an overview of teams from all P5 conferences. Rob happened to pull out the B1G data and post it, because that is what most of us are interested in,and because most of us are too lazy to read through all 24 pages of the report.

It is nobody's fault but Iowa's if you don't like the way that data looks.

On the plus side, Iowa is tied for the 4th highest graduation rate for all athletes.

The issue with black football and basketball male athletes at Iowa can be pinned partially on the coaches, but we really need to look more broadly at the University as well (2nd lowest grad rate for all black male students).

Ya know, no one is forcing you to be here. Maybe you can make a post letting us all know that you're not gonna take it anymore!

You're also welcome to post any data that runs contrary to this study, but I'm willing to bet they would show similar trends.

No one is making you respond to my post here either.

Rob should be ashamed for posting facts?

Where is Rob's journalistic integrity as someone who makes his living being associated with the Iowa Hawkeyes? He posts this tweet that had obvious anti-iowa undertones without doing any research as what was in it. He also posted an op-ed by DJK with a massive amount of contradictions because Colin Sandeman told him to, and once again, shedding a huge amount of negative light on the program as a whole and the coaches.

And he is so quick to post every negative tweet and article, yet, still hasn't responded to my direct post of whether or not DJK dated KF's daughter or not! I had never heard that before, and if true according to Akrum Wadley's mom, would explain ALOT about the relationship between KF and DJK.

Wisconsin, a program within another predominantly white state, kicking Iowa’s ass in yet another, more important, metric. Acknowledging reality is tough at times.

I live in Wisconsin. I won't argue with the data. I will tell you that I have witnessed more racism in WI than I ever did during my formative 36 years in Iowa. I would start with the hatred of the Native American population and then move on from there. UW Madison is one of the worst. Anything north of highway 29 would be better off on another planet, if was not for the natural beauty of the environment, pre-Republican.

Where is Rob's journalistic integrity as someone who makes his living being associated with the Iowa Hawkeyes? He posts this tweet that had obvious anti-iowa undertones without doing any research as what was in it. He also posted an op-ed by DJK with a massive amount of contradictions because Colin Sandeman told him to, and once again, shedding a huge amount of negative light on the program as a whole and the coaches.

And he is so quick to post every negative tweet and article, yet, still hasn't responded to my direct post of whether or not DJK dated KF's daughter or not! I had never heard that before, and if true according to Akrum Wadley's mom, would explain ALOT about the relationship between KF and DJK.

I have no idea whether or not she dated DJK. I do not care. Nor should anyone else. She is married. I saw the pictures when I googled her.

Status
Not open for further replies.