Grade Brian's Gameplan

We had like 1 first down in the first half. Brian's play calling was atrocious! Our offensive line stinks! Brian needs to get off the sidelines and up in the press box where he can get a better view of the game.

Last edited:
I think every defense will be better than we thought because they are all going to sell out stopping the run. We need short swing passes, play action and movement of the pocket. Did Stanley even roll out tonight?

OKSthawk gets it. KF said postgame they knew PSU blitzed about 45 % of the time, well then wtf are we running into that shit for, terrible, BF gets a F grade for the first half. unimaginative, should be throwing quick passes off play action against blitzes, stupid, I hope he learns.

A game plan that had us winning with 4 seconds left. You dudes don't get football. Enjoy your bitch fest losers...
Sorry but the offensive game plan had nothing to do with us being in that game. You might say it was the very reason we lost -- the D was amazing until the end. They were on the field too long because Brian had no offensive strategy. Three and out ain't a game plan son...perhaps you don't know football as much as you think. Shocking!

Sorry but the offensive game plan had nothing to do with us being in that game. You might say it was the very reason we lost -- the D was amazing until the end. They were on the field too long because Brian had no offensive strategy. Three and out ain't a game plan son...perhaps you don't know football as much as you think. Shocking!
Thank you.

some of you guys are idiots.

Iowa was seeking to diversify but the passing game was not well executed.

The gameplan went out the window in the first half when the field position was so poor. The thing I get frustrated with is every team we play will load the box until we throw down filed. The comment that our Oline sucks is just silly. The PSU defense loaded the box hence the number advantage. 5 guys cannot block 8-9. What Brain needs to do is move the pocket with more run pass option plays and misdirection and screens to pull those defenders back to open the run. We cannot run to set up the pass. We need to pass to set-up the run.

Saquan is a very very talented back but notice how the PSU coaches focused on getting plays designed to get him the ball. Besides the few pass plays to wadley what did Brian do to to get him the ball besides just turning and handing it to him? It was a great effort and great game. I am glad I got to see it. If Iowa is for real maybe we get to play them again in a few weeks. It is my opinion that PSU will win the East. In all reality this had no bearing on our chances to win the West and should be a wake-up call to our players and the rest of the conference that we can play with anyone. We can only get better playing good teams and the effort the team put forth is very encouraging

Iowa's 2 long TD's to Wadley were good calls in the sense they were good counters to PSU's over pursuit and took advantage of Wadley's speed once you get him in the open field.

It reminded a lot of KOK play calling in the past when KOK would call counters to take advantage of a team's over pursuit.

some of you guys are idiots.

Iowa was seeking to diversify but the passing game was not well executed.

Sarcasm initially missed...

This is still kind of where I'm at. But BF has to stay with it even with the early drops and overthrows. Guys were open. Find a different way, but stay with it.

Last edited:
Should have called this the "glass is half empty bunch of whining babies who can do everything better than everyone else but have to get back to kicking their dogs drinking beer and ignoring their kids while simultaneously hate whacking to pictures of the coaching staff" thread. If it walks like a feminine product and talks like a feminine product....tampons-free.jpeg

Should have called this the "glass is half empty bunch of whining babies who can do everything better than everyone else but have to get back to kicking their dogs drinking beer and ignoring their kids while simultaneously hate whacking to pictures of the coaching staff" thread. If it walks like a feminine product and talks like a feminine product....View attachment 2762
lmfao. Hate whacking. Good one.

Man...go easy on our offensive coordinator. There were several things going on. First, Nate Stanley's first B10 game against the 4th ranked team in the country on national TV. Stanley hasn't started so well in games...he tends to take some time getting comfortable. His first throw tells you he was jacked. BF was trying to settle him down and at the same time not turn the ball over. As the defense continued to play well, he kept the conservative approach. The two things that killed us were field position, number one. and our receivers killed us on a few of those early drives...drops.

Why run into a 8 man front...because our offense is predicated on play action...and you have to show you are committed to the run. You can't give up on the offensive line either...you have to keep giving them opportunities. If you don't run the ball, 65% of your offense isn't available to you. Now, are we taking advantage of the aggressive linebacker play...no we aren't...and that needs to get fixed. More screens, draws, and wheel routes please.

Man...go easy on our offensive coordinator. There were several things going on. First, Nate Stanley's first B10 game against the 4th ranked team in the country on national TV. Stanley hasn't started so well in games...he tends to take some time getting comfortable. His first throw tells you he was jacked. BF was trying to settle him down and at the same time not turn the ball over. As the defense continued to play well, he kept the conservative approach. The two things that killed us were field position, number one. and our receivers killed us on a few of those early drives...drops.

Why run into a 8 man front...because our offense is predicated on play action...and you have to show you are committed to the run. You can't give up on the offensive line either...you have to keep giving them opportunities. If you don't run the ball, 65% of your offense isn't available to you. Now, are we taking advantage of the aggressive linebacker play...no we aren't...and that needs to get fixed. More screens, draws, and wheel routes please.
Stanley has 12 TDs to 1 INT in 4 games and the one INT was a fluke. He is very composed for a true sophomore.
You know what kills drives when you have poor field position? Runs for negative yardage.

Also, your logic about having to run into 8 man fronts makes absolutely zero sense. If they are committed to selling out on the run, you have to convince the other team that you will make them pay for it. Did you go to Ferentz University of Athletics? I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously man. Come on.

It's hard to grade him very high that's for sure. What I'm most disappointed in is the lack of adjustments. I mean I know the game was close and lots of coaches are hesitant to bail on their precious game plans but at some point in the 2nd or 3rd q at the latest they should have started using play action shots up the seems to TEs on first downs. Their LBs were flying around just going where ever Wadley did daring us to take shots. It's one thing to go into a game with a plan that doesn't work that'll happen a lot. But what can't happen is being too bull headed or ill prepared to adjust...

this was back to fighting everything in a phone booth. KF thought he'd be able to run Wadley and it was LARGELY unsuccessful and with 9 crowding the line KF would have us all believe it is just poor execution. Don't know who's call it was on that safety but that was shear stupidity.

Latest posts