Gotta say-I liked the uniforms and I am not big one changing unis

uihawk82

I am writing this because of all the negative crap I have read from posters. I am not big on changing uniform looks but these were good for a black out game as they were understated and not trying to be super flashy. There was no piping, no bands or trim, just the solid black and ....

I dont care what friggin font the numerals were in, who cares, you could easily see them, are you a helvetca or courier snob???? Quit getting bent out of shape about the the unis.

KF said earlier in the week that he loves the regular classic hawk uniforms but he knows sometimes there needs to be a little change once in awhile, new Kirk.

how many of you really can say you are that bent out of shape about these unis that were not trying to upstage the players?

Agreed, loved the uniforms, nice to the the program get a dose of the times.

Not to say you need to change it permanently, but when you do 1-2 alternates a year it makes wearing them special, and it makes you appreciate the tradition we have in the classics.

So were they trying to do the opposite and be innovative by having matte jerseys and keeping the shiny helmet.

I think your being sarcastic. Correct?

We have the lamest, greediest and most lackadaisical marketing dept in all of college football. These were closer to throwback jerseys than alt. Go back and look at some of our jerseys from the 50's, 60's, and early 70's.

The huge numbers were a joke. And we had a white swoosh on our shoes. Where else was there white in those uni's? At least make the shoes all black too.

I have said it before but they looked like Jr. High practice jerseys that were handed down from the varsity years prior.

But this is from the geniuses that have brought us red pom poms, the burrito lift and $70 worth of hot dogs.

We have the lamest, greediest and most lackadaisical marketing dept in all of college football. These were closer to throwback jerseys than alt. Go back and look at some of our jerseys from the 50's, 60's, and early 70's.

The huge numbers were a joke. And we had a white swoosh on our shoes. Where else was there white in those uni's? At least make the shoes all black too.

I have said it before but they looked like Jr. High practice jerseys that were handed down from the varsity years prior.

But this is from the geniuses that have brought us red pom poms, the burrito lift and $70 worth of hot dogs.

Is there anything in this world that doesn't make you angry?

Overall I liked the unis, but my complaint is about the numbers too...not the font, but the color. That bright mustard yellow seemed out of place on a "blackout" uniform. I would have loved a number that was more metallic gold and then a metallic gold tiger hawk on the helmet...shiny or matte helmet.

I liked everything about the uniforms except for that aspect.

A matte helmet would have looked awesome with that ensemble.

Agreed - matte helmet would've been great with those jerseys. I liked them quite a bit - but do concur with what seems to be the consensus about the number font. Just tweak that a bit and they're done.

Is it just me or did our players look like they had more speed wearing all black? An optical illusion obviously, if that's the case, and maybe just my imagination, but that was what I thought.

I'd hate to ditch the classic Hawkeye jerseys permanently, because I think they look great, but definitely not opposed to the idea of having these as alts. I too am a guy that also hates going away from something classic, but liked these.

You were the guy who called in a noise complaint against Kinnick on Sat. night, weren't you?

The uni(s) didn't do a whole lot for me. But I really did not make a big deal of it..... I get it. Something was missing I am not sure what. It just reminded me of those Jets/Bills uni(s) I saw Thursday night.

Last edited:
The uni(s) didn't do a whole lot for me. But I really did not make a big deal of it..... I get it. Something was missing I am not sure what. It just reminded of those Jets/Bills uni(s) I saw Thursday night.

Did you know 8% of American males have the red/green color blindness? Really messed up a lot of viewers that night.

Not to mention all the close ups of Rex Ryan.

Those were great uni's. The only issue was the helmets. It should have been matte black. It seemed a little off under the lights. I would like the helmet design to stay forever. No more yellow strip and the new ANF sticker is pretty neat.