Got This Email From YouTube TV

MelroseHawkins

yt_header_default.png

Hi there,

Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered the way you want.

To make this happen, we need to enter into deals with our partners. Unfortunately, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network.

Starting February 29, 2020, you will no longer be able to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network or YES Network.

Please know that we do not take this decision lightly. We value your membership and will continue to strive to build the best streaming experience possible.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

You received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your YouTube TV account.

yt_footer_sk.png

©2020 Google LLC d/b/a YouTube,
901 Cherry Avenue,
San Bruno, CA 94066

I got that as well. So no Fox regionals on Youtube TV, Sling, or Dish. I fucking hate Sinclair. Oh, and MLB sucks as well for blacking out every damn team on MLB TV here in Iowa. Apparently MLB doesn't want baseball fans in Iowa.

F$&@! Doesn’t Fox partner with BigNetwork for Iowa games? If so than it’s time to look for a new network for me. Why is this so hard to watch the Hawks?

This isn't FS1 right? It's FS North, FS Chicago, etc.?

Also, I was wondering when they would get their first contract dispute. I'm surprised it took this long.

yt_header_default.png

Hi there,

Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered the way you want.

To make this happen, we need to enter into deals with our partners. Unfortunately, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network.

Starting February 29, 2020, you will no longer be able to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network or YES Network.

Please know that we do not take this decision lightly. We value your membership and will continue to strive to build the best streaming experience possible.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

You received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your YouTube TV account.

yt_footer_sk.png

©2020 Google LLC d/b/a YouTube,
901 Cherry Avenue,
San Bruno, CA 94066
Strange, I haven't got that yet, looks like ya'll are coming over to my place to watch the games! Kidding aside that sucks, fucking Sinclair always trying to raise their prices and shit on their consumers.

Strange, I haven't got that yet, looks like ya'll are coming over to my place to watch the games! Kidding aside that sucks, fucking Sinclair always trying to raise their prices and shit on their consumers.

These contracts are probably devided up within different regions. As this sounds like it is only based on the channel "fsn" effecting Timberwolves or bulls fans. Depending on where you live though you may not be effected.

OP - what area are you from?

I got that as well. So no Fox regionals on Youtube TV, Sling, or Dish. I fucking hate Sinclair. Oh, and MLB sucks as well for blacking out every damn team on MLB TV here in Iowa. Apparently MLB doesn't want baseball fans in Iowa.

A couple years ago they were talking about this on the radio. The two very worst areas in the US for viewing baseball on TV for blackouts was the Las Vegas area and Iowa.

These contracts are probably devided up within different regions. As this sounds like it is only based on the channel "fsn" effecting Timberwolves or bulls fans. Depending on where you live though you may not be effected.

OP - what area are you from?

Iowa City - North Liberty area.

A couple years ago they were talking about this on the radio. The two very worst areas in the US for viewing baseball on TV for blackouts was the Las Vegas area and Iowa.

The baseball blackout rules are terrible.

It's one thing to not be able to to watch it with mlb league pass, but that should only happen if you're in the viewing area that has access to it locally. It's a mess.

We live like 3/12 hrs to Chicago, St. Louis and even longer to Kansas City and Minneapolis. It's not like I can just decide on a whim to make a trip to catch a game in the last second. It's stupid.

The baseball blackout rules are terrible.

It's one thing to not be able to to watch it with mlb league pass, but that should only happen if you're in the viewing area that has access to it locally. It's a mess.
The Cubs new network, Marquee Sports, also looks like a hot mess right now with agreements with a few mom and pop cable companies but very few of the streamers. I guess my eyes will be watching something else this summer.

This isn't FS1 right? It's FS North, FS Chicago, etc.?

Also, I was wondering when they would get their first contract dispute. I'm surprised it took this long.

I received the same email and replied about whether or not FS1 will be included in the ban

Haven't heard back, but they seemed to be specific about it being only the regional channels

All I need is FS1 for the Hawkeye games. Their feed is usually high quality

Sinclair is an extremely greedy monopoly and they simply do not care about anything but the bottom line

:cool:

I was going to sign up with Youtube TV Live this Sunday, Hmmmmm

But, the regular basketball season is about over. Doesn't the Big 10 Network and ESPN have the Big 10 tournament and then CBS, TNT, TNN and Tru TV have the NCAA games? If Youtube loses FS1 you probably won't miss any Iowa games, and hopefully by football season Sinclair and Youtube will have this worked out

Last edited:
I was going to sign up with Youtube TV Live this Sunday, Hmmmmm

But, the regular basketball season is about over. Doesn't the Big 10 Network and ESPN have the Big 10 tournament and then CBS, TNT, TNN and Tru TV have the NCAA games? If Youtube loses FS1 you probably won't miss any Iowa games, and hopefully by football season Sinclair and Youtube will have this worked out

You will be able to get all the Big Ten tournament and NCAA tournament games with Youtube TV

I am fairly certain that they will have resolved the issues by football season

I have never used the Fox Reginal Sports channels ever and will not miss them

You will be able to get all the Big Ten tournament and NCAA tournament games with Youtube TV

I am fairly certain that they will have resolved the issues by football season

I have never used the Fox Reginal Sports channels ever and will not miss them

Yeah, I pretty much only watch FS1 for Iowa games and maybe a college football and basketball game every now and then.

We live like 3/12 hrs to Chicago, St. Louis and even longer to Kansas City and Minneapolis. It's not like I can just decide on a whim to make a trip to catch a game in the last second. It's stupid.

The proximity to the stadiums is not why you are blacked out on MLB, it's because those teams consider Iowa to be in their local viewing market. In other words they want you watching the games on the channels that are pumping revenue to those teams. If you were able to watch Cub games on the MLB app then there wouldn't be much incentive for local cable stations to pay the carrying fees for the Marquee Network.

Everybody needs to chill the F out. It’s just the regionals. Like Fox Sports Midwest, or Fox Sports South etc. FS1 & 2 are not part of it.

The only thing you’re going to lose is a few MLB/NHL games, Whitetail Hunting With Dudley Dingleberry, and Jimmy-Bob Peckersniffer Bass Fishin’ Weekly

MLB and NHL are niche markets and I’ll gladly give up watching some dickbag in a tree stand whispering that the deer can’t smell him cause he’s covered in doe piss so my YT TV price doesn’t go up.

Last edited:

Latest posts