Good News: Our Highly Paid Recruiters Are Out Recruiting

I think Kirk has watched Major League too many times. He's trying to bring in the worst players possible so we finish last and he can move the team to Miami.

I think they are looking in Wilton (W Hilgenburg), Livermore (D Clark), Oskaloosa (T Sash), Durant (J Roehlk), and Anamosa (M Yanda).

They're wasting time again. They only need to look in those places about once every 10-20 years.

Per yesterday's press conference, the staff is out in full force from now until signing day. I know the class looks somewhat embarrasing now, and we have not pulled any LBs to fill a major void, WRs with speed to challange...ehm, Stone, for the two deeps, but there are about 3 weeks left for the staff to get out there, dazzle some 3 and 4 star out of state talent...or even some underlooked kids from Fla or Tx.

All it takes is landing a stud LB, DL, and WR to close out the class and things will be looking a little bit brighter in Iowa City. Close out the class with some Iowa who boys who are currently choosing between Wartburg and UNI, and our next coach will undoubtedly be coming in with the cupboards bare. While OSU's 2 deeps were more than 50% freshmen and sophomores and Tennessee's was more like 75% freshmen and sophomores, our freshmen and sophomores had no real impact on last year's team and none of them stood out as future all Big 10 players like virtually every other team in the conference had with their underclassmen.

Bad News: You're still posting

I think Kirk has watched Major League too many times. He's trying to bring in the worst players possible so we finish last and he can move the team to Miami.

KF: Here's a list of players we'll be inviting to Jr. Day this weekend

Assistant: Ive never heard of half of these guys and the one's I do know were honorable mention all district in class 2A in Iowa

A good idea would be to hire some people on that staff that can actually recruit. Granted that they will have to overcome the head coach constantly hurting the program with his speeches and his personnel decisions.

KF: Here's a list of players we'll be inviting to Jr. Day this weekend

Assistant: Ive never heard of half of these guys and the one's I do know were honorable mention all district in class 2A in Iowa

Other assistant: This one's dead. Died 5 years ago.

KF: Well then don't recruit him.

Thanks for the Major League reference... great movie.

Latest posts