Good News: Our Highly Paid Recruiters Are Out Recruiting

iowalaw

Banned
Per yesterday's press conference, the staff is out in full force from now until signing day. I know the class looks somewhat embarrasing now, and we have not pulled any LBs to fill a major void, WRs with speed to challange...ehm, Stone, for the two deeps, but there are about 3 weeks left for the staff to get out there, dazzle some 3 and 4 star out of state talent...or even some underlooked kids from Fla or Tx.

All it takes is landing a stud LB, DL, and WR to close out the class and things will be looking a little bit brighter in Iowa City. Close out the class with some Iowa who boys who are currently choosing between Wartburg and UNI, and our next coach will undoubtedly be coming in with the cupboards bare. While OSU's 2 deeps were more than 50% freshmen and sophomores and Tennessee's was more like 75% freshmen and sophomores, our freshmen and sophomores had no real impact on last year's team and none of them stood out as future all Big 10 players like virtually every other team in the conference had with their underclassmen.

Reading the title of your thread I thought for sure you were being sarcastic...no offense, but you should have been.

Per yesterday's press conference, the staff is out in full force from now until signing day. I know the class looks somewhat embarrasing now, and we have not pulled any LBs to fill a major void, WRs with speed to challange...ehm, Stone, for the two deeps, but there are about 3 weeks left for the staff to get out there, dazzle some 3 and 4 star out of state talent...or even some underlooked kids from Fla or Tx.

All it takes is landing a stud LB, DL, and WR to close out the class and things will be looking a little bit brighter in Iowa City. Close out the class with some Iowa who boys who are currently choosing between Wartburg and UNI, and our next coach will undoubtedly be coming in with the cupboards bare. While OSU's 2 deeps were more than 50% freshmen and sophomores and Tennessee's was more like 75% freshmen and sophomores, our freshmen and sophomores had no real impact on last year's team and none of them stood out as future all Big 10 players like virtually every other team in the conference had with their underclassmen.

We're not going to be pulling in any new studs this late in the process. Now pulling in a guy that has a couple MAC/DII offers? That will probably happen.

I'm sure they're checking in on some 2016 players as well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the talent that the staff brings in!

Who am I?

Only someone that doesn't even know who they are could be looking forward to the MAC level recruits Captain Distracted is bringing in.

Here's to you OP......;)

9CYbot3.jpg

Hopefully the staff can close out this class with a couple key guys.....I'm not holding my breathe, but they are still trying.

The staff has in 60 visitors for the 2016 class this weekend. They are working harder and smarter at recruiting since Wallace arrived. Hopefully it pays off in 2016, as they have really been moving up the recruiting time lines. They are light years ahead of the 2016 and 2017 classes than they would have been just 2 years ago. Wallace didn't really pay much in dividends his first year, but they have laid a lot of ground works for the '16 & '17 class.....it needs to pay off in 2016.