Good For Alford re: Punishment of Ball

IowaLawWasRight

I have been reading the situation with Alford's 5 star recruits getting in trouble with the law and was wondering if they would just get a slap on the wrist like a lot of coaches might have done. Perhaps Alford has learned a thing or two over the years on how to handle disciplinary matters, but it appears as though his 3 international shop lifters have been suspended indefinitely. While I'd like to say the Iowa staff would do the same, a multi game suspension for shop lifting is solid!

I'm assuming they are free & clear of any punishment from the Chinese govt? If so, that should factor into UCLA/Alfords punishment given. If they're not going to face any type of criminal consequences, they should probably have to sit out the entire season, IMO.

Suspended indefinitely = anything the coach/administration wants. This could be one game if they wanted. I'm surprised Alford didn't ask for time served.

Yeah, I would wait to see how this all plays out before you praise Alford. Seth Greenberg, on the broadcast last night, thought they should be suspended for the entire season. Seriously doubt that will be the case.

They could of been sentenced to 10 years. I'm sure that scared the crap out of them. They are very very lucky.

IMO they should be suspended for the season. Some athletes feel like they should have special privileges and treatment. I think President Trump should have just said when you commit a crime in another country when you're there as a guest you face there laws and punishment. I don't have much confidence in coach Alford giving more than a slap on the wrist.

They could of been sentenced to 10 years. I'm sure that scared the crap out of them. They are very very lucky.

what would really scare the crap out of them would be some actual consequences. They got lucky. i wonder if any of them have thought about how crappy they made there teammates, UCLA and the US look by that stupid-ass move. Or, do they currently feel like "meh, i got bailed out again cuz i'm great. just ask anyone and they'll tell you i am."

Lord, forgive these wayward youths, who acted in a selfish manner, because of no fault of their own. Amen. RevKev

which begs the question what does alford have on trump?

or, what would our previous president have done to get them home? we don't have any Chinese terrorists in jail that we could trade for the hoopsters. unfortunately, they may still be in China.

If Alford and UCLA actually stand up to LaVar Ball and suspend his kid for any significant amount of time I’ll be surprised

Maybe they can all pray on it.
You should give it time. That'll be part of the PC when it's announced that they have been reinstated. "After much prayer, we have decided that it's time to let the past go and reinstated these fine, Christian young men, back to our family". ...vomit.

I have been reading the situation with Alford's 5 star recruits getting in trouble with the law and was wondering if they would just get a slap on the wrist like a lot of coaches might have done. Perhaps Alford has learned a thing or two over the years on how to handle disciplinary matters, but it appears as though his 3 international shop lifters have been suspended indefinitely. While I'd like to say the Iowa staff would do the same, a multi game suspension for shop lifting is solid!
Thought you were perma banned?