Golden to Wisconsin?

A exceptionally intelligent person like yourself should realize that, rather than implying that it has never worked in history, I was relying on a rhetorical device to illustrate that this type of situation usually goes badly. I apologize that you inferred that I meant it has always failed. Perhaps a good way to view this would be to compare the instances in which the situation worked for the school in question, and the instances when it failed.

LOLerz, sure you did. You have no idea how the success rate on drawn out hiring processes compares to that of quick hires. You were just throwing **** out there to troll poster's who think KF should be fired.

Rhetorical device. LOL

LOLerz, sure you did. You have no idea how the success rate on drawn out hiring processes compares to that of quick hires. You were just throwing **** out there to troll poster's who think KF should be fired.

Rhetorical device. LOL

Oh darn. You got me!

I will also point out that this is the only truly outstanding thread that I have ever read on this board. Excellent points made by both sides. Iowa will certainly have their pick of a few more interesting options than the average program at our prestige or "station" due to the fraternity of coaching that we have cultivated over the years, but having the right person making the decision (read, anyone but Barta, please), not to mention the foresight of such a person to have at least a few solid options lined up in advance, is absolutely critical.

Rhetorical device. LOL[/QUOTE

Keep up teh good work, Brah..You're winning..it maybe rhetorical if I am proven wrong..jajaja

Not quite. The point is, if you fire Kurt, you had better be 100% certain who you want to hire and that he wants to coach for you. What team has ever benifitted from a lengthy coaching search where they court big names?

Wisconsin is in this situation because their d-bag coach quit. Iowa knows Kurt will not randomly leave one day, so they have time to prepare.

PSU, but only 1 year of data to back that up.

Funny that KF was hired after a long search process. The question is will he be remembered for the good years or the bad?

The problem, or course, is that Bielema, Bob Stoops, and Diaco will almost certainly never come here. McCarney, Leavitt, and Mike Stoops are hardly a step up from Kurt. The only viable candidate out of this list is Mark Stoops, only because we don't know if he sucks or not.
At least we would never lose to ISU again if we got McCarney!

The next coach won't be a big name hire, just like KF wasn't, or Fran wasn't. The jihadic wing of HN will rejoice when KF leaves, and then they will melt down when they see what we get to replace him......
I melted down when Kirk was hired, and can and will do so again if it is called for!

Golden knows that Wisconsin fans have unrealistic expectations and that he's not going to be able to fulfill them with Urban in the same division. This coaching search is proving how smart Bret was to get out when he did.

Yes, they do have unrealistic expectations. Most of my coworkers here in Madison are just thrilled to see BB go, because they feel they can do so much better (as they make reservations to their third rose bowl in a row).

Yes, they do have unrealistic expectations. Most of my coworkers here in Madison are just thrilled to see BB go, because they feel they can do so much better (as they make reservations to their third rose bowl in a row).

What a silly bunch of people to think a northern midwest Big 10 program could ever be a routine contender on the national scene. The are so silly. Don't they know they're "just Wisconsin". Good thing us Iowa fans aren't as delusional as Wisky fans.

That is just crazy to me. How can a fan base just think it is that easy to build a program and go to Rose bowls/BCS bowls, etc? Look at the most successful coaches in the NFL. Most of them have previous failures on the resume, or very poor or underachieving years. It takes more than just good coaching, it takes getting breaks too.....staying healthy, kids staying out of trouble, getting the right recruits, taking chances on kids and having it pay off, and that doesn't even count all the little breaks during games that can make or break that game/season.....fans are literally like spoiled brats most of the time.....

What a silly bunch of people to think a northern midwest Big 10 program could ever be a routine contender on the national scene. The are so silly. Don't they know they're "just Wisconsin". Good thing us Iowa fans aren't as delusional as Wisky fans.

Cmon theyre going to their 3rd Rose Bowl in a row and they wanted Bielema out, thats delusional. Like Iowa, they are one bad hire from returning to a doormat, but they think theyre Alabama or Ohio State. They dont realize how fortunate they were with Bielema.

Like Iowa, they are one bad hire from returning to a doormat,

I'm pretty sure Iowa was the doormat in 2012 with our current hire.

Also, I was trying to poke a little fun at the irony of us making fun of Wisky fans for acting the same way a lot of Iowa fans are acting this year. It's a little like the pot calling the kettle black.