Golden to Wisconsin?

KEEP KURT! WE DON"T KNOE WHO WE MIGHT GET INSTED!!!

Not quite. The point is, if you fire Kurt, you had better be 100% certain who you want to hire and that he wants to coach for you. What team has ever benifitted from a lengthy coaching search where they court big names?

Wisconsin is in this situation because their d-bag coach quit. Iowa knows Kurt will not randomly leave one day, so they have time to prepare.

The next coach won't be a big name hire, just like KF wasn't, or Fran wasn't. The jihadic wing of HN will rejoice when KF leaves, and then they will melt down when they see what we get to replace him......

First time I am ever gonna say this but nice post veandogs.

Not quite. The point is, if you fire Kurt, you had better be 100% certain who you want to hire and that he wants to coach for you. What team has ever benifitted from a lengthy coaching search where they court big names?

Wisconsin is in this situation because their d-bag coach quit. Iowa knows Kurt will not randomly leave one day, so they have time to prepare.

Or Ferentz get's promoted to AD and we're stuck with the same style of football under Brian Ferentz as head coach.

Alvarez has done well with his hires and I would bet he will do a good job again. Only the years will tell.

Who, besides Bielema, has Alavarez hired?

Not Bo Ryan, and the only recognition an AD gets for hiring people is for football and MBB.

USC when they hired Pete Carroll.

Or Ferentz get's promoted to AD and we're stuck with the same style of football under Brian Ferentz as head coach.

Why do you assume Brian would coach the same as KF?

And I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that KF wants nothing to do with the administrative side of things when he decides it's time to retire from coaching. That and he isn't a huge doosh like Alvarez.

That's even longer ago. Honestly, I have no idea if these coaching searches were drawn out or you are just pulling coaching hires from over a decade ago out of your rear end.

Nope they were drawn out coaching hires who only hired Carroll and Davis after missing on many other targets, Alvarez being one of them for the Miami job, first.

And Ghost asked when has it ever worked, there's two pretty damn good examples, he should have put a time frame on it if only coaching hires from a certain time period are acceptable.

Nope they were drawn out coaching hires who only hired Carroll and Davis after missing on many other targets, Alvarez being one of them for the Miami job, first.

And Ghost asked when has it ever worked, there's two pretty damn good examples, he should have put a time frame on it if only coaching hires from a certain time period are acceptable.

A exceptionally intelligent person like yourself should realize that, rather than implying that it has never worked in history, I was relying on a rhetorical device to illustrate that this type of situation usually goes badly. I apologize that you inferred that I meant it has always failed. Perhaps a good way to view this would be to compare the instances in which the situation worked for the school in question, and the instances when it failed.

I don't think keeping a finger in the football program makes either one of them a doosh. It's a bit narcistic, which at times I see in KF.

Haha. Hilarious that you think KF would have any inclination at all to be the AD when he is done coaching.

And yes, Alvarez is a massive doosh.

That's nice.