Golden Boy has a big day

Haha, it was a spring practice dude. Don't worry though, you will have plenty of time to bask in the glow of your self righteousness for Iowa's 5-7 losses this fall.

He does somewhat have a point. I was very disappointed by the amount of short throws to the running back in the spring game. Obviously though, CJ threw the ball down field, his receivers just did not catch it. That is a change from last year.

It got lost in the conversation because the defense played so well, but he did have a good too. This was a good test for him because the weather was terrible for a passing game, and the pass coverage was outstanding. He also got off a good run or two. QB play will be an Iowa strength this year.

5.25 ypa. Preach it, Jon and the idiots.

Why act like a dickwad? Just because some preferred one QB over another doesn't give you the right to be an AHOLE about it. Remember "Iowa Fan" that he is still a Hawkeye. Where's your guy? Oh that's right he abandoned Iowa. I'll remember to check with you next time I need a judge of loyalty and character!

5.25 ypa. Preach it, Jon and the idiots.
Is it too late to bring Rudock back? I mean, 5.25 yards per attempt in a spring practice is abominable. It cannot be tolerated. It is inexcusable. It is unfathomable. It is ridiculous. It is pathetic. It is horrendous. It is outrageous. It is ruinous. It is . . . spring practice.

He does somewhat have a point. I was very disappointed by the amount of short throws to the running back in the spring game. Obviously though, CJ threw the ball down field, his receivers just did not catch it. That is a change from last year.

He does have a point. Jakes numbers were pointed out, same here. Only exception is that it was the spring game.

But, also point out it wasn't just that his receivers didn't catch, Goldie also over threw some. Also... Jakes receivers didn't catch them all.

so at the end of the day...my spring ball take is that Goldie will not be the Namath most all thought/think he is...

It got lost in the conversation because the defense played so well, but he did have a good too. This was a good test for him because the weather was terrible for a passing game, and the pass coverage was outstanding. He also got off a good run or two. QB play will be an Iowa strength this year.

There will be several games this year where the weather will be terrible and not good for passing. Can't be an excuse because it wasn't allowed for jake...

Why act like a dickwad? Just because some preferred one QB over another doesn't give you the right to be an AHOLE about it. Remember "Iowa Fan" that he is still a Hawkeye. Where's your guy? Oh that's right he abandoned Iowa. I'll remember to check with you next time I need a judge of loyalty and character!

Also remember, Goldie was likely going to abandon as well. He didn't, but it was there per daddy depending on bowl game play.

Also remember, Goldie was likely going to abandon as well. He didn't, but it was there per daddy depending on bowl game play.

To be fair, wasn't it prior to the season he was also told he was going to get a fair shot at the starting QB job, which became pretty apparent as the year went on that was not the case.

He got a full game against purdont, half game against Pitt, full bowl game

Wasn't the Pitt and subsequent Purdue game when Rudock was injured? Based on Ferentz's comments about how close these 2 were at the start of last season, I don't think Beathard getting some run only after Rudock got injured would be considered a fair shot at the starting QB job, especially when there were periods throughout the season where the offense was completely inept and void of life. Then the mysterious bowl prep where Beathard starts to gain favor, then suddenly during the bowl game (I think CJB's snaps were about 2:1 to Rudock's in the bowl game) he gives them the best chance to win and in anointed the starter going into spring ball about a week after the carnage in Jacksonville (?).

/insert beatingadeadhorse.jpg

Yeah, it was due to injuries. It was all a complete mess. Curt has zero ability to manage things anymore.

Oh yeah, I was expecting a Kirk Ferentz team to come out throwing deep in the second open practice to the public...so that there was lot of tape out there to brag about. Geez, what they show in a scrimmage is crossing patterns and dump offs and timing outs. News flash: Kirk Ferentz is conservative.

3763d3d55ea26ea0c06c9b0f385cadd5.jpg

Latest posts