Golden Boy has a big day

Arvada, I agree with you to a point and there will always be adjustments when a new OC comes in, but man, there was some serious writing on the wall and the most glaring (in my mind) was the drop in JVB's numbers. That just doesn't happen. He was something like 14th in the conference in TD passes with only 12 teams. The offense saw a 40% decrease in points scored from 2011 to 2012. JVB became a huge whipping boy and while he had his deficiencies, his drop in productivity was a lot more than normal new scheme and personnel hiccups.

I am amazed that GD is still the OC. I simply cannot believe how bad his offense is. It's a true testament to KF's loyalty/stubborness. Unfortunatey, I don't see anything but a bad ending and my only point is that any QB put out there has a huge hurdle to climb.[
/QUOTE]

Agreed. It baffles me how terrible our offense has been the past three seasons and he's still our offensive coordinator. There's no defending KF on keeping Davis on this long. If any of us were that terrible at our jobs we would be shown the door long before 3 years in the job. Our offense has been one of the worst among D1 teams the past 3 seasons. It's embarrassing and it pisses me off that NOTHING has changed.

Arvada, I agree with you to a point and there will always be adjustments when a new OC comes in, but man, there was some serious writing on the wall and the most glaring (in my mind) was the drop in JVB's numbers. That just doesn't happen. He was something like 14th in the conference in TD passes with only 12 teams. The offense saw a 40% decrease in points scored from 2011 to 2012. JVB became a huge whipping boy and while he had his deficiencies, his drop in productivity was a lot more than normal new scheme and personnel hiccups.

I am amazed that GD is still the OC. I simply cannot believe how bad his offense is. It's a true testament to KF's loyalty/stubborness. Unfortunatey, I don't see anything but a bad ending and my only point is that any QB put out there has a huge hurdle to climb.

Take away that first year and Iowas O is actually averaging more points during GD than KOK. Granted there's more pose toons now too.

Everyone knew Davis was not a good OC before he was hired. Including Kirk.

The reason he is still employed is the same as the reason he was hired in the first place.

He's just there to collect a paycheck, run Kirks offense and then retire when Kirk thinks he can get away with promoting Brian.

You would have to be insane to believe that Kirk made a sincere attempt to do what was in the best interest of the program with that hire. Or that he would have ever felt comfortable enough to do it without that contract.

Golden Boy had a fabulous open scrimmage, completing 50% of his passes for 5.23 ypa.

Jon and Groupthink Morons continue to display their football insight and knowledge.

Golden Boy had a fabulous open scrimmage, completing 50% of his passes for 5.23 ypa.

Jon and Groupthink Morons continue to display their football insight and knowledge.

5.23 ypa is excellent, for a rb. I can handle 50% pass completion, but if that's the case, it's gotta be more than 5 yard avg. And it needs to include 2-3 touchdown passes. On the other hand, I'm ok with 5 ypa, if we are looking at 70%+ completion.

I'm far from negative, but the offense has to improve all around this year. I hope they do.

Take away that first year and Iowas O is actually averaging more points during GD than KOK. Granted there's more pose toons now too.

Everyone knew Davis was not a good OC before he was hired. Including Kirk.

The reason he is still employed is the same as the reason he was hired in the first place.

He's just there to collect a paycheck, run Kirks offense and then retire when Kirk thinks he can get away with promoting Brian.

You would have to be insane to believe that Kirk made a sincere attempt to do what was in the best interest of the program with that hire. Or that he would have ever felt comfortable enough to do it without that contract.

All of college football is averaging more points now than during KOK's time at Iowa. I don't think GD's offenses scoring more than KOK's means much. Everybody is scoring more.

Calling out players like this is against forum rules. I don't understand how someone can be so negative towards a player giving his all.

It's only fair, if Jake had open practice, spring game, and kids days numbers like Goldie's we'd never hear the end of it. Goldie gets a pass?

It's only fair, if Jake had open practice, spring game, and kids days numbers like Goldie's we'd never hear the end of it. Goldie gets a pass?

People had 2 seasons to develop an option of Jake so it's definitely not fair to rip on CJ yet. It's especially douchey when you're doing it just to get back at posters who wanted CJ to win the job.

JR had practically an NFL caliber offensive line and this OL makes Drew Ott look like a pro-bowl selection. That's the difference. A less mobile, weak armed QB like Ruduck would be worse.

Latest posts