Go watch the game again..

If you don't think Iowa attacked the basket or went inside than either you missed the game or had a few too many and forgot some details. Our center had a career high for crying out loud. On top of that, he was getting clobbered the entire game and shot a grand total of ZERO free throws. Their center on the other hand got a call damn near every time he touched the ball, shot 11 FT's and got some head scratching and 1's.

Iowa was the aggressor from the opening tip, dictated the pace and controlled the game up until about 3:30 to go. Despite damn near every call going against them, they should have won the game. If Marble even plays and average game, Iowa wins by double digits and officiating doesn't even come up. Unfortunately he didn't, turned in one of his worst games of the season and it allowed the zebras to to have an effect on the outcome.

If you don't think Iowa attacked the basket or went inside than either you missed the game or had a few too many and forgot some details. Our center had a career high for crying out loud. On top of that, he was getting clobbered the entire game and shot a grand total of ZERO free throws. Their center on the other hand got a call damn near every time he touched the ball, shot 11 FT's and got some head scratching and 1's.

Iowa was the aggressor from the opening tip, dictated the pace and controlled the game up until about 3:30 to go. Despite damn near every call going against them, they should have won the game. If Marble even plays and average game, Iowa wins by double digits and officiating doesn't even come up. Unfortunately he didn't, turned in one of his worst games of the season and it allowed the zebras to to have an effect on the outcome.

This post kind of describes our team. If something that normally happens had just happened we would have won. This is why our luck rating was really, really low.

The style of play at the end favored Tennessee getting favorable calls from the refs. I wish rules were rules, but each ref (and teams of refs) seem to have their own personality that is very hard to account for when you are in the midst of a game. It wasn't like the refs weren't making similar calls earlier in the game, they just made more because Tennessee settled into their style which made the calls more likely. I hate that this can be such a factor at the end of games.

If Marble, White or Gesell show up Iowa wins. F'n joke
\

MG shouldn't be in that discussion White and Marble both played 36 minutes. MG brings way more to the court than scoring. Open them eyes, to bad Fran didn't open them as well.. I think the F'kn joke is playing your starting PG only 19 minutesT!!

Last edited:
\

MG shouldn't be in that discussion White and Marble both played 36 minutes. MG brings way more to the court than scoring. Open them eyes, to bad Fran didn't open them as well.. I think the F'kn joke is playing your starting PG only 19 minutesT!!

Especially since the team seemed to play better when he was on the floor.

No talking about drug problems isn't ok in my book. I don't have one and never have but I will not blame refs/umps for a loss...I was a successful player and now coach and people that want to blame refs are the reason we have a bunch of silver spoon people that can't take responsibility for themselves. Part of sport is to deal with adversity not to blame others. I don't let my three year old whine about things so why would I want to read you do it?

It actually sounds like you are whining. No one is forcing you to read what he wrote.

At any rate, I certainly think Iowa has to adjust to that crappy officiating, and they didn't. Having said that, there were some really, really terrible calls that didn't go our way, and it's a shame that basketball is so affected by officiating.

I love the hawks, but this is one of the reasons why I find college basketball difficult to watch. It's stupid how much the refs can influence the game.

There are some encouraging things going on with this team to make me excited for the future, but this season needed hospice a few weeks ago. Everyone is now free of this misery!

It actually sounds like you are whining. No one is forcing you to read what he wrote.

At any rate, I certainly think Iowa has to adjust to that crappy officiating, and they didn't. Having said that, there were some really, really terrible calls that didn't go our way, and it's a shame that basketball is so affected by officiating.

I love the hawks, but this is one of the reasons why I find college basketball difficult to watch. It's stupid how much the refs can influence the game.

There are some encouraging things going on with this team to make me excited for the future, but this season needed hospice a few weeks ago. Everyone is now free of this misery!

I never denied that the officiating was bad I just find it pointless to complain about it. Officiating is something you have zero control over...you should focus on what you control. I have hit the ignore button on a few people today that just keep complaining about the officiating because I am sick of reading it. It happens it happens to every team at some time. And part of life and sport is overcoming obstacles. Life isn't fair so I don't expect officiating to be...should it be? Yes but they are humans making the decisions so they will make mistakes...I am pretty sure they are the first ones to be upset when they screw up. They get graded on how well they do and that grade helps determine if they do more games in the tourney this yr or next yr. if the head of officials thinks they were bad they will be done. I know they were not good but we lost for other reasons. The officials didn't force us to take contested shots or turn the ball over or a number of things. Tennessee out played us and had 4 guys in double figures while we had 2.

Latest posts