Go watch the game again..

There were bad calls both ways and find me a game that doesn't have any. Simple fact was we had some of our best players go cold from the field. It is hard to win when you have such bad shooting from guys you rely on to score points.

Are you going to do this for the last 7 games as well?????
News Flash: It's not the REFS......get over that lame excuse.

Either clueless or didn't watch the game lsat night....Tenn bigs got away with murder last night while the Iowa bigs got called when they took a breath....

There were bad calls both ways and find me a game that doesn't have any. Simple fact was we had some of our best players go cold from the field. It is hard to win when you have such bad shooting from guys you rely on to score points.

Exactly... And way too long of scoring droughts to end the first half and 1 point in OT isn't getting it done and that's not the refs fault.

The missed travel call when the Tenn guy fell to the floor and rolled around with the ball before being granted a timeout somehow.

A guy I work with (yeah, I know) couldn't watch the game and listened to the Tennessee announcers on the radio last night. They were saying that Tenn was getting away with a lot and the calls were really going their way.

That was as bad a one sided and biased a game as any of us will see for a while. At least ten plus bull ****, no way in hell even debatable calls against Iowa. I havent complained about calls since the isu game

This game was close to the 05 outback bowl.

If anyone wants to debate that game on a call by call basis you are a moron.

And yes, I completely agree, Iowa still choked.

This team had no idea how to play the game, let alone play to their strengths. Head coach has allot to do with that.

+1
The only game this year I mentioned officiating was the Wisconsin game. Once Fran got the T, then the game was called, much more fairly, but the officiating wasn't the reason we lost the Wisconsin game. I feel that with an unbiased crew, Iowa would have easily won.
When Iowa was up, early, the officials, then started calling ticky-tack fouls on all of Iowa's big guys, except Woodbury.
Officials are like, he's only a 5 PPG, we'll keep him out of foul trouble, as a token.

Jon, what happened to the LIKE button?

Dude if you watched last night the team was not the same team that played the last 6 games before it. Were there glimpses, yes but they played with way more energy.

As the OP stated, go watch it again. These refs were TERRIBLE!!! They had our bigs in foul trouble in the first half on some pretty awful calls and in the second half every time Iowa was getting ready to pull away....TWEET TWEET....foul on Iowa. It was a constant and changed the course of a close game. Iowa did not even go on a hack a thon at the end and the fouls ended up: IOWA 28 / TENN 14

Put the crack pipe down guy. These refs had an effect on the game in the way of early subs due to foul trouble in the first and in the second Iowa would build a lead and then TN would get a call and go to the line....

One part not on the refs is just like every other flipping team that plays Iowa is a big from Tenn that is 65% on the season from the line goes 72% and as a whole Tenn are 71% from the line all season and last night go 83%!

Go look at the other stats from the game too. Nothing out of the ordinary, you would actually think Iowa might have one looking at them.

Last point, Iowa has 28 FT attempts, hits 13 and Tenn has 55, hitting 25. So tell me how the refs didn't change the course of the game....wait you can't.

Dude if you watched last night the team was not the same team that played the last 6 games before it. Were there glimpses, yes but they played with way more energy.

As the OP stated, go watch it again. These refs were TERRIBLE!!! They had our bigs in foul trouble in the first half on some pretty awful calls and in the second half every time Iowa was getting ready to pull away....TWEET TWEET....foul on Iowa. It was a constant and changed the course of a close game. Iowa did not even go on a hack a thon at the end and the fouls ended up: IOWA 28 / TENN 14

+1

Put the crack pipe down guy. These refs had an effect on the game in the way of early subs due to foul trouble in the first and in the second Iowa would build a lead and then TN would get a call and go to the line....

One part not on the refs is just like every other flipping team that plays Iowa is a big from Tenn that is 65% on the season from the line goes 72% and as a whole Tenn are 71% from the line all season and last night go 83%!

Go look at the other stats from the game too. Nothing out of the ordinary, you would actually think Iowa might have one looking at them.

Last point, Iowa has 28 FT attempts, hits 13 and Tenn has 55, hitting 25. So tell me how the refs didn't change the course of the game....wait you can't.

Tennesse also attacked the basket more than Iowa...we pulled up for mid to long range shots where they were dumping it in to their bigs. The thing about blaming refs is it shows you what type of person you are. You are probably the guy blaming others when you fall short in life. If I screw up or lose at anything I look at what I can do better...I focus on the variables I can control. That is why john wooden said he focused more on his teams perfecting what they did rather than scouting what other teams do. Good teams enforce their will on teams. A good running team will be able to run on anyone. We didn't enforce the tempo on Tennessee that we wanted. They slowed us down and enforced their will. Was there bad calls? Of course there always are. Were calls lopsided? Possibly but that happens....you have to be able to adapt and deal with adversity.

Tennesse also attacked the basket more than Iowa...we pulled up for mid to long range shots where they were dumping it in to their bigs. The thing about blaming refs is it shows you what type of person you are. You are probably the guy blaming others when you fall short in life. If I screw up or lose at anything I look at what I can do better...I focus on the variables I can control. That is why john wooden said he focused more on his teams perfecting what they did rather than scouting what other teams do. Good teams enforce their will on teams. A good running team will be able to run on anyone. We didn't enforce the tempo on Tennessee that we wanted. They slowed us down and enforced their will. Was there bad calls? Of course there always are. Were calls lopsided? Possibly but that happens....you have to be able to adapt and deal with adversity.

"it shows you what type of person you are. You are probably the guy blaming others when you fall short in life."

Me thinks not. Pretty successful in life partner and I am always willing to take a hard look in the mirror. Love the keyboard cowboys in forum world.

We can agree to disagree on the game last night. I didn't say Iowa played a perfect game and they were not to blame, but I did say the refs changed the flow of the game. Outcome, maybe, we will never know.

The "crack pipe" comment must have hit too close to home, huh? Anyone with common sense could tell you that was a funny line not a personal shot, but I digress.

Correct. Not the refs. One of the only things I get tired of hearing. Refs are not perfect, they make good calls and bad calls for both teams. End of story.

"it shows you what type of person you are. You are probably the guy blaming others when you fall short in life."

Me thinks not. Pretty successful in life partner and I am always willing to take a hard look in the mirror. Love the keyboard cowboys in forum world.

We can agree to disagree on the game last night. I didn't say Iowa played a perfect game and they were not to blame, but I did say the refs changed the flow of the game. Outcome, maybe, we will never know.

The "crack pipe" comment must have hit too close to home, huh? Anyone with common sense could tell you that was a funny line not a personal shot, but I digress.

No talking about drug problems isn't ok in my book. I don't have one and never have but I will not blame refs/umps for a loss...I was a successful player and now coach and people that want to blame refs are the reason we have a bunch of silver spoon people that can't take responsibility for themselves. Part of sport is to deal with adversity not to blame others. I don't let my three year old whine about things so why would I want to read you do it?

Quite honestly, I'm sick of blaming the refs. The fact is college basketball refs are terrible. Too much shoving under the basket is not only allowed but rewarded. I don't yell at refs in other sports as much as I do in this one and when refs are horrible they effect both teams in most games. But because college refs are awful this team has played in games with bad officiating for 2 years. At some point you just have to over come it and win because officiating in this sport isn't going to get any better. Maybe we need to recruit our own giants to shove people around underneath because that's what matters in college hoops, not positioning and post moves.

I will say though, maybe the new rules emphasis for the year was a bad idea. I don't feel like giving these buffoons any more rules to interpret is a good thing. It's kind of like why some people are not in favor of as little government intervention as possible. They just don't trust them to make the right decisions.

I don't understand why it's so taboo to criticize a bunch of middle age guys who get paid to do a job while it's perfectly cool to call a bunch of "amateurs" chokers and all other kinds of things. The refs suck in this sport and they need to be called out for it. It's the players job to over come it though because if they don't they get an L next to their team's name.

No talking about drug problems isn't ok in my book. I don't have one and never have but I will not blame refs/umps for a loss...I was a successful player and now coach and people that want to blame refs are the reason we have a bunch of silver spoon people that can't take responsibility for themselves. Part of sport is to deal with adversity not to blame others. I don't let my three year old whine about things so why would I want to read you do it?

Let me take a quick break from my lunch. I'm enjoying some soup with my silver spoon that I grew up with.

Please continue to stroke yourself more and enlighten us all with all of your successes from your time here on earth.

Good thing I was looking for parenting advice as well. So I'm glad I was able to get a little while discussing basketball with my fellow fans.

I hope you won't have to take a break from your amazing existence to enlighten me more on how to become a better person.

Maybe you can take a break from your successful YMCA coaching stint to write a book for us to better ourselves.

In closing I would like to thank you. I am a better person after exchanging barbs with you. You have straightened me out. No more excuses.

Latest posts