Glover visit off, Iowa has a recruit already.

Man - people are all over the place with speculation based on the uncorroborated comment of a kid.

Not only have people speculated that it is one of the known commodities, but also that it is someone unknown. JC players, current non-qualifiers, high school seniors, some people are even saying Glover got the information wrong and there is no commit. Just totally all over the board. Really doesn't seem like anyone knows a thing. Exciting times.

What hasn't been mentioned anywhere is this "story" was written by Pat Harty (the same guy that quotes message board material in a Gannett owned newspaper)! A grain of salt just was added to my diet. I'll wait for an official word and pray that this blatant speculation doesn't screw up our chances with other recruits.

What hasn't been mentioned anywhere is this "story" was written by Pat Harty (the same guy that quotes message board material in a Gannett owned newspaper)! A grain of salt just was added to my diet. I'll wait for an official word and pray that this blatant speculation doesn't screw up our chances with other recruits.

Pat Harty does NOT use unnamed sources. His paper's policy forbids it. So when Pat writes something and uses names, you can believe them.

So please tell me Smarthawk, who is Pat's source? Glover? That published speculative piece belongs on twitter or a blog. Harty is nothing but a shock jock looking for attention imo.

I'm not sure what Pat usually does, but I'm pretty sure he was quoting Glover. I'm guessing he would lose his job pretty quickly if he fabricated some kids quotes.

So please tell me Smarthawk, who is Pat's source? Glover? That published speculative piece belongs on twitter or a blog. Harty is nothing but a shock jock looking for attention imo.

Honest question, can you not read? Those were direct quotes from Glover.

“(Coach McCaffery) was recruiting somebody else and I guess they committed or something like that,” Glover said.
Are you saying that Harty is just making this up and lying?

The actual alternate possibility is that we don't have a commitment, Francis told Glover something along the lines of "That scholarship is no longer available", and Glover just interpreted that to mean that we had a commitment.

Yes, but Glover said Francis said it was a guy Fran was personally recruiting. Now, that might have been a way to say, "hey, it's not my decision," but regardless, it is more specific than "the scholarship is no longer available." If there was confusion and there is not a commit, the program should set the record straight. Otherwise, they would end up looking at least a little bit shaky.

However, I don't think this is the case.

My two guesses.

Coach Sherman Dillard has a son that is a guard in Texas. Maybe.......

My other thought is Fran got tired of theses kids playing him. Signing date was a week ago, time to get off the dime. Enough procrastination. He went to his first choice, said times up, decision? Went down the line and finally found a point guard.

Glover should not be upset or disappointed. He has had more than enough time to make a committment. These kids should have been in or out last Wednesday!

Last edited:
Giving a scholarship to Dillard's kid would not be as bad as playing time to little Lick, but still not a good sign for the future.

My two guesses.

Coach Sherman Dillard has a son that is a guard in Texas. Maybe.......

My other thought is Fran got tired of theses kids playing him. Signing date was a week ago, time to get off the dime. Enough procrastination. He went to his first choice, said times up, decision? Went down the line and finally found a point guard.

Glover should not be upset or disappointed. He has had more than enough time to make a committment. These kids should have been in or out last Wednesday!
Yo know I've never met FM but I can believe with his personality and commitment to success he would likely reach a point and say now or never. I probably wouold too.

It's not a signing date, it's a singing period that lasts for a month.

Latest posts