Glover visit off, Iowa has a recruit already.

I dont know what Im more excited for. To hear who the new commit is or to watch CAAR take this lemonade and turn it back into lemons.

What about the player from idaho that played with puree jackson? Has he committed with anyone yet?

Also didnt someone say that Fran was recently in georgia? Might be someone down there.

That's interesting, I didn't think about Gesell. But I don't think Fran wants to rely on just getting Gesell and starting him as a Freshman. I assume he is looking for a PG this year.

Is it possible that Gessell could be graduating early? Wouldn't normally jump to such extreme conclusions(okay, maybe I would) but timing is interesting since he just was in for a visit.

As I sit back here and smile at my desk, all I can say is that no one knows what is truly happening on the recruiting front except the coaches. They know what they are doing and we sit here as arm chair coaches trying predict/guess what it is or should I say who it is they are recruiting. It has been said before, but some people need to just sit back and enjoy the ride. We have a coach, a real coach, that will get it done!
It looks like even Fran's assistant coaches don't know exactly what is going on with certain recruits...at least according to the way the article was written.

Hubbard's main recruiter is Dillard. So since Glover said it was someone Caff was personally recruiting, I would think it has to be a mystery guy. But I've been wrong before.

It looks like even Fran's assistant coaches don't know exactly what is going on with certain recruits...at least according to the way the article was written.

I found that weird too...that's why I think it is a mystery person.

The assistant coaches know who it is.....they don't want to say I'm sure, and I think by rule they can't say actually.

they probably do, but two things 1.)they arent allowed to talk about a recruit until officially comitted. 2.)he isnt going to tell glover who it is.

I am hoping it is Elijah Carter. We are in the final three with him and he has been pretty quiet in the recruiting process.

I am hoping it is Elijah Carter. We are in the final three with him and he has been pretty quiet in the recruiting process.
I hope it is him too, but there was a rumor floating around earlier in the week that he didnt eve have an offer from Iowa, and I dont think he has visited Iowa City, officially or unofficially.

I think the bottom line is that we've been locked into 5 or 6 guys this whole time, when in reality, this message board is pretty worthless when it comes to distilling each and every scenario of possible players the staff is entertaining.

That's not a shot at H-Nation, but an acknowledgment that we've all been in the dark.

I don't think its Carter. Gibbs officially declared for the draft and I assume Pitt is going to offer him now which he was waiting for.

Quick everybody check every single Facebook page, Twitter account, blog that could have some info!! We need to know who it is!!

No offense Jon, but Fran isn't going to turn down a JUCO in Glover just because Gessell is coming in a year later. Glover can still be the backup or even play at the 2. Plus Iowa needs another PG this year.

My thought is if they are not 100% sold on a PG prospect in this spring signing period being able to fit in their plans for the next two or three years, and if they feel a Hubbard can give them some PG minutes next year, then just bank the ride, and it makes the situation more attractive for a HS PG prospect next year like a Gessell, who is one of the higher rated kids at his position. I think that can be a possibility, but nobody knows.

I've heard it's a PG that (1) led his high school team to a state title, (2) has Big 10 experience and (3) comes from a basketball family.

His name is John something.

Latest posts