Giants' LB coach Jim Herrmann new DC according to Jaleel Johnson

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
RT @HawkeyeExaminer: According to Iowa recruit Jaleel Johnson, iowa will hire New York Giant LB coach as their next DC.

I'd be good with this. This is a great hire. Especially coming off a Super Bowl win. 6 years in NFL, 3 with NY Jets and last 3 with NY Giants. Before that at Michigan with Lloyd Carr and won a national championship.

Last edited:
Re: Giants' LB coach Jim Hermann new DC according to Jaleel Johnson

I have no issues here also. DC at Michigan for 9 years? **** yeah. Sounds good.

Also if true and Jaleel leaked it, he may need to call DJK for a tour of the doghouse.

Herrmann has two RRs. At least get it right.

Re:Giants' LB coach Jim Hermann new DC according to Jaleel Johnson

It's a great hire. Very happy to have a guy with big 10 and NFL experience.

Its Phil Parker don't get your hopes up. :D
Just kidding, but if this hire happens I for one will be extremely happy. I personally would still rather have Tom Bradley but I would be very content with JH. I totally forgot he was with Carr for 9 years before they fired him and got English.

That's great! At least it's not Bradley. I'd rather have Brian Ferentz, Mary Ferentz, Kirk's dog, or a random bum off the street than a refugee from PedoState.

RT @HawkeyeExaminer: According to Iowa recruit Jaleel Johnson, iowa will hire New York Giant LB coach as their next DC.

I'd be good with this. This is a great hire. Especially coming off a Super Bowl win. 6 years in NFL, 3 with NY Jets and last 3 with NY Giants. Before that at Michigan with Lloyd Carr and won a national championship.

The hawks need someone with experience and if it is herrmann he has big time college DC experience and has probably gained a ton more experience to mold his philosophy. If this is the hire I hope we see some of the pro=type blitz schemes and the giants play tough pass coverage.

of all the guys on the supposed list the last few months his is the least known also with no hawkeye ties. I will wait and see if this is true.

If the next DC were Phil Parker there would have been no reason to wait so long to make an announcement. In fact, if that were the case, making the announcment as soon as possible would have been the smart move.

Timing-wise...this makes sense. In Mythbusters parlance I'll call this 'Probable'.

From what I read of him before, I didn't really want him. However, he has a MNC and Super Bowl win as part of his resume, so that can't hurt; and surely could help with recruits. I hope he learned a few things during his time in the pros, but how much can you really learn there about defending the college spread?

Latest posts