get ready for a new linebacker

Derby was outstanding on Defense. He would help us a lot but if he is our 2nd best QB..then he should probably stay there.

Last edited:
Based on Coach Ferentz press conf. today I definitely doubt this rumor.

Q. Is A.J. back as your backup quarterback?
COACH FERENTZ: We'll see how this week goes but he's back with us full speed. He did a really nice job the last two weeks. In fact he was one of the guys running around throwing the ball against our defense, sometimes too good a job, so we'll see.

LOL, Derby never played a single down at LB in HS, and least not AJ.

He was a defensive back.

This. I think he reminds people more of Greenway, going from high school QB/S to college linebacker. That's why this idea has so much traction with fans.

Also, if we move Derby, wouldn't we then be even more thin at QB than we currently are at LB?

The logistics of this don't even make sense.

Also, if we move Derby, wouldn't we then be even more thin at QB than we currently are at LB?

The logistics of this don't even make sense.

possibly. However jvb's true freshman year mcnutt was switched to receiver during the season which left them in effect with Rick, Jake, and JVB at QB. So its not anything new to have that situation.

Let him play both ways. We would be the talk of college football if we had a linebacker take an occasional snap at qb. Of course I kid.

Don't know how much he would play this week if at all but I have also heard there has been a switch.

I can't imagine he is remotely close to being able to play lb'er for awhile, but if he is athletic enough we need bodies on special teams asap.

Linebacker Switch

I've been thinking for awhile now that Morris doesn't seem to be big or strong enough to play the middle. Often when he makes a hit he gets pushed back 2 to 3 yards. Rewatching NW game Nielsen seems to do a much better job of stopping the back upon impact. Seems like Morris is better suited at this point to be outside and Nielsen inside...assuming Morris can cover as well as Nielsen. Anyone else thinking the same?

Latest posts