get ready for a new linebacker

until a depth chart come out showing AJ as a LB, or he shows up on the field in a LB spot, i am not going to hold my breath in anticipation, besides we would have 2 QB'S and 1 being RS'd left, the notion of moving Derby to make room for another QB prospect is foolish as you need to take a QB each year, and if they are good they will come as the good ones welcome competition

He's not listed as the backup QB anymore on the two deeps, and his suspension is up. Not even listed as an "and" or "or" like Kirk likes to put it. Its just JVB then Weinke.

He's not listed as the backup QB anymore on the two deeps, and his suspension is up. Not even listed as an "and" or "or" like Kirk likes to put it. Its just JVB then Weinke.

Kirk hasn't been one to be quick to put guys back on the depth chart after a suspension.

Kirk hasn't been one to be quick to put guys back on the depth chart after a suspension.

Exactly...he still lists White as the #2 back, yet he realistically is at least the #4 behind Canzeri, Johnson, and he's possibly behind McCall with a broken ankle.

Why does anyone put any faith in KF's two deeps? They are a smoke screen in certain positions.

It doesn't make sense to have an undersized walkon on the field at LB while we have a 6'4 230lb 4 star athlete that could be out there instead.

Its a win win, if he wants to go back to QB next year fine, but why sit on the sidelines when your team needs help now.

My guess is he wont want to go back once he gets a taste of playing.

AJ Edds switched from TE to LB mid season and became an immediate starter under similar circumstances.

position change this week. we are thin at LB.

1ApplauseCard.gif

Winner winner, chicken dinner. I like this explanation the most. If there is very little dropoff if any from Derby to Ruddock, then this is it. Maybe Iowa is also eyeing a top QB recruit so they would need to free up some space at the QB position? Just a THEORY.

Theory is just wishful thinking.

Mods -

Why the heck did you merge the 'Swap Nielsen and Morris' thread with an AJ to LB thread?

Latest posts