Get...MIles...NOW

Both Miles and Ferentz took over messy programs that had just gone 3-8. Ferentz took over a program that had 66 wins in the previous decade, Miles took over a program that had 40 wins. Miles went 28-21 in his four years at Oklahoma State. Ferentz went 22-26 his first four seasons here

HAHAHAHA, aren't you the one who said you don't look at W/L? Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to say that Miles did a better job of rebuilding Okie St. than Ferentz did at Iowa?

For some reason it is really under your craw that I think Miles would suck at Iowa City. I think Miles would suck at Okie St., or Northwestern, or Kentucky, or Washington St., or basically any school that isn't a blue blood, or near elite. This isn't about Ferentz for me, I think Miles is overrated, I would be making this argument if you were saying that Miles would be better at Northwestern than Fitz. Just don't see it.

Either way I don't think you believe what you are saying anyway, and I'm done with this. You won't bet me that sight unseen that Miles replacement will finish in the top 10 in the next 3 years (something Miles hasn't done) or that Miles will not do well wherever he lands. I'm willing to bet on my opinion, you seem only willing to make a ridiculous arguments like saying walking into a national title contender is the same as walking into a complete rebuild.....or that Miles did a better job of rebuilding Okie St. than Ferentz did at Iowa....

HAHAHAHA, aren't you the one who said you don't look at W/L? Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to say that Miles did a better job of rebuilding Okie St. than Ferentz did at Iowa?

For some reason it is really under your craw that I think Miles would suck at Iowa City. I think Miles would suck at Okie St., or Northwestern, or Kentucky, or Washington St., or basically any school that isn't a blue blood, or near elite. This isn't about Ferentz for me, I think Miles is overrated, I would be making this argument if you were saying that Miles would be better at Northwestern than Fitz. Just don't see it.

Either way I don't think you believe what you are saying anyway, and I'm done with this. You won't bet me that sight unseen that Miles replacement will finish in the top 10 in the next 3 years (something Miles hasn't done) or that Miles will not do well wherever he lands. I'm willing to bet on my opinion, you seem only willing to make a ridiculous arguments like saying walking into a national title contender is the same as walking into a complete rebuild.....or that Miles did a better job of rebuilding Okie St. than Ferentz did at Iowa....

You think Miles sucked at Okie State? How could he suck there and get a job like LSU?

Both Miles and Ferentz took over messy programs that had just gone 3-8. Ferentz took over a program that had 66 wins in the previous decade, Miles took over a program that had 40 wins. Miles went 28-21 in his four years at Oklahoma State. Ferentz went 22-26 his first four seasons here

In a state where he had to compete against Oklahoma.

Kind of a silly argument anyway. He's not coming. Iowa has a coach locked up. Then again Illinois had a coach locked up for one year. Who'd of thought Lovie Smith would be interested and Illinois would be interested in Lovie?

Joking aside, it's not happening. It would be like hiring Huggins in Basketball...without all the wins.

Kind of a silly argument anyway. He's not coming. Iowa has a coach locked up. Then again Illinois had a coach locked up for one year. Who'd of thought Lovie Smith would be interested and Illinois would be interested in Lovie?

Joking aside, it's not happening. It would be like hiring Huggins in Basketball...without all the wins.

Are you new to the internet??????

Of course it isn't happening. Nobody in this thread thinks it is happening. Just like you luving the USA is never happening. We all understand the reality . . . but it's fun to watch people get worked up and impotently try to muscle each other.

Last edited:
Exactly. To pretend like Miles only a good recruiter because of Louisiana is stupid.

All these rankings are 247 composite class rankings, since I know how you love you some 247 composite rankings. ;)

OSU After Miles
'05 #51 (took over for Miles little time to recruit)
'06 #20 (first full class)
'07 #22
'08 #33
'09 #35
'10 #33
'11 #25
'12 #32
'13 #30
'14 #28

With Miles
'04 #22
'03 #22
'02 #31
'01 #51

Gundy didn't have a problem recruiting as well as Miles. Give Gundy #20-#40 classes and he wins 8.5 games per year. Give Miles #20-#40 classes and he gets you 7 wins per year.

LSU Before Miles
'04 #3
'03 #3
'02 #21
'01 #2

LSU with Miles
'05 #13
'06 #9
'07 #5
'08 #12
'09 #1
'10 #8
'11 #8
'12 #14
'13 #6
'14 #2
'15 #6
'16 #3

Give Saban top 5 classes he dominates, finishes top 5 and wins national title after national title. Give Miles Saban's recruits and he wins a National title. Give Miles his own top 5 classes and he finishes #14 or worse more times than not (6 of the last 8 years).

Miles hasn't done anything recruiting wise that the coach before or after him couldn't do just as well. LSU is gonna get great recruits. Once again I'll bet sight unseen the next coach at LSU recruits as well as or close to what Miles did, and as you can see the LSU coach BEFORE Miles certainly didn't have a problem recruiting to LSU.

All these rankings are 247 composite class rankings, since I know how you love you some 247 composite rankings. ;)

OSU After Miles
'05 #51 (took over for Miles little time to recruit)
'06 #20 (first full class)
'07 #22
'08 #33
'09 #35
'10 #33
'11 #25
'12 #32
'13 #30
'14 #28

With Miles
'04 #22
'03 #22
'02 #31
'01 #51

Gundy didn't have a problem recruiting as well as Miles. Give Gundy #20-#40 classes and he wins 8.5 games per year. Give Miles #20-#40 classes and he gets you 7 wins per year.

LSU Before Miles
'04 #3
'03 #3
'02 #21
'01 #2

LSU with Miles
'05 #13
'06 #9
'07 #5
'08 #12
'09 #1
'10 #8
'11 #8
'12 #14
'13 #6
'14 #2
'15 #6
'16 #3

Give Saban top 5 classes he dominates, finishes top 5 and wins national title after national title. Give Miles Saban's recruits and he wins a National title. Give Miles his own top 5 classes and he finishes #14 or worse more times than not (6 of the last 8 years).

Miles hasn't done anything recruiting wise that the coach before or after him couldn't do just as well. LSU is gonna get great recruits. Once again I'll bet sight unseen the next coach at LSU recruits as well as or close to what Miles did, and as you can see the LSU coach BEFORE Miles certainly didn't have a problem recruiting to LSU.

What a horrible comparison. Gundy took over a program that won 28 games in 4 years. Miles took over a program that won 40 games in 10 years and Miles still recruited just as well as Gundy has if not better. Why did you leave off 2015 and 2016's recruiting class for Gundy too?

Saban is a much better coach than Miles.

What a horrible comparison. Gundy took over a program that won 28 games in 4 years. Miles took over a program that won 40 games in 10 years and Miles still recruited just as well as Gundy has if not better. Why did you leave off 2015 and 2016's recruiting class for Gundy too?

Saban is a much better coach than Miles.

Gundy was on Miles staff. Gundy probably did 50x the amount of recruiting to OSU than Miles did. Head coaches actually recruit very little, or very little of the footwork.

Say what you want, but Gundy had his fingerprints all over the OSU turn around, way more so that Miles ever did. Not only that, but once Gundy had full control over recruiting is when OSU really took off. In year 4 and after Gundy won 9, 9, 11, and 12 games. Gundy built that program, not Miles, and to argue that Miles did is absolutely stupid.

Gundy was on Miles staff. Gundy probably did 50x the amount of recruiting to OSU than Miles did. Head coaches actually recruit very little, or very little of the footwork.

Say what you want, but Gundy had his fingerprints all over the OSU turn around, way more so that Miles ever did. Not only that, but once Gundy had full control over recruiting is when OSU really took off. In year 4 and after Gundy won 9, 9, 11, and 12 games. Gundy built that program, not Miles, and to argue that Miles did is absolutely stupid.

Giving an OC credit instead of the head coach for turning a program around. I've heard it all now

Giving an OC credit instead of the head coach for turning a program around. I've heard it all now

Miles didn't turn around OSU. If you think getting to 7 wins in year 4 and actually regressing from years 2 and 3 is turning anything around, then I have heard it all. You win in years 1, 2 and 3 off the previous staffs recruits.

Miles didn't turn around OSU. If you think getting to 7 wins in year 4 and actually regressing from years 2 and 3 is turning anything around, then I have heard it all. You win in years 1, 2 and 3 off the previous staffs recruits.

Okie State averaged 4 wins per year before Miles. In his 4 years at Okie State he averaged 7 which was impressive enough to get him an elite HC job like LSU but that was because of Gundy right?

Okie State averaged 4 wins per year before Miles. In his 4 years at Okie State he averaged 7 which was impressive enough to get him an elite HC job like LSU but that was because of Gundy right?

Miles got the job at LSU probably for a number of reasons. I'm guessing it wasn't because he turned OSU into great winner. Kind of the same reason that Gene Chizik was hired by Auburn even though he won 5 games at ISU in 2 years. Coaches are hired for lots of reasons, with the number #1 being the AD feels that this coach can sustain, elevate, or rebuild the current product. That doesn't mean the dominated where they were at.....see Mike Riley as well.

What you keep avoiding is Gundy recruited at the roughly the same level Miles did at OSU. Gundy is winning 8.5 games per year with the same level of recruits that Miles won 7 games a year with. For some reason you want to give Miles credit for something Gundy has built and sustained for 11 years now, going on 12.

Saban recruited at the same level as Miles did at LSU, and the next LSU coach will recruit at that level as well. Miles also has finished #14 or worse in 6 of the last 8 years despite LSU recruiting top 5 classes, and Saban clearly outperformed Miles with the same level recruiting as well. My guess is the next LSU coach will finish inside the top 14 more than 2 out of the next 8 years. It isn't a good look for a coach when your predecessor is better, and my guess that your successor is better as well.

Miles got the job at LSU probably for a number of reasons. I'm guessing it wasn't because he turned OSU into great winner. Kind of the same reason that Gene Chizik was hired by Auburn even though he won 5 games at ISU in 2 years. Coaches are hired for lots of reasons, with the number #1 being the AD feels that this coach can sustain, elevate, or rebuild the current product. That doesn't mean the dominated where they were at.....see Mike Riley as well.

What you keep avoiding is Gundy recruited at the roughly the same level Miles did at OSU. Gundy is winning 8.5 games per year with the same level of recruits that Miles won 7 games a year with. For some reason you want to give Miles credit for something Gundy has built and sustained for 11 years now, going on 12.

Saban recruited at the same level as Miles did at LSU, and the next LSU coach will recruit at that level as well. Miles also has finished #14 or worse in 6 of the last 8 years despite LSU recruiting top 5 classes, and Saban clearly outperformed Miles with the same level recruiting as well. My guess is the next LSU coach will finish inside the top 14 more than 2 out of the next 8 years. It isn't a good look for a coach when your predecessor is better, and my guess that your successor is better as well.

Gundy took over a program that was averaging 7 wins per season, Miles took one that was averaging 4 wins per season and Gundy still couldn't out recruit what Miles did. I don't know why you keep bringing up Saban. Saban and Miles aren't even in the same conversation in terms of coaching abilities.

Gundy took over a program that was averaging 7 wins per season, Miles took one that was averaging 4 wins per season and Gundy still couldn't out recruit what Miles did. I don't know why you keep bringing up Saban. Saban and Miles aren't even in the same conversation in terms of coaching abilities.

So a first time coach, who was never a head coach anywhere ever can recruit at what you consider a "elite" recruiters level? Got it.

My point it you are giving Miles wayyyy to much credit. Like I said a first time coach came in and kept recruiting at the same level as Miles. Plus how do you know that Miles could have done any better than what he did in 4 years recruiting at OSU. You do understand that most schools have a ceiling right? There is a reason Miles went to LSU, the ceiling is higher. Then low and behold Miles isn't any longer recruiting the #20-#40 classes, nope, his classes jump to #5-#10 classes. The funny thing is you think this is because MILES is some great recruiter. What people like me understand is that this is because of the school name LSU. Saban did it before Miles, and the next coach will do it after Miles, once again proving that it is the school, not Miles. LSU will continue to get high level recruiting class now that Miles is gone.

So a first time coach, who was never a head coach anywhere ever can recruit at what you consider a "elite" recruiters level? Got it.

My point it you are giving Miles wayyyy to much credit. Like I said a first time coach came in and kept recruiting at the same level as Miles. Plus how do you know that Miles could have done any better than what he did in 4 years recruiting at OSU. You do understand that most schools have a ceiling right? There is a reason Miles went to LSU, the ceiling is higher. Then low and behold Miles isn't any longer recruiting the #20-#40 classes, nope, his classes jump to #5-#10 classes. The funny thing is you think this is because MILES is some great recruiter. What people like me understand is that this is because of the school name LSU. Saban did it before Miles, and the next coach will do it after Miles, once again proving that it is the school, not Miles. LSU will continue to get high level recruiting class now that Miles is gone.

I'm not giving Miles too much credit. Frankly I don't think he's a top 10-15 coach and he's overrated. I'm just saying he's better than KF because he is.

Are you new to the internet??????

Of course it isn't happening. Nobody in this thread thinks it is happening. Just like you luving the USA is never happening. We all understand the reality . . . but it's fun to watch people get worked up and impotently try to muscle each other.

Ha ha ha. I build my own websites and have a message board with thousands of members.... I was just having fun. I hadn't put my 2 cents in yet. The other day when you started the thread "Can Someone Help Me Out", I was thinking it might be to help you from making dumb comments or starting bad threads. But I refrained and was proud of myself. :D

Latest posts