Gessel's dunk...

Reminded me a bit of Marble's dunk over Samson a few years ago. It wasn't exactly like that, but I immediately thought of Marble's "business meeting" quote from the postgame. Huge play tonight.

Watching that Vine you can see Fran motioning to Mikey to get it going. IIRC the shot clock was about to expire. Fun!

(EDIT: You can see a corner of the shot clock when Mikey completes the dunk; it looks like it is at around 11-12 seconds so apparently not that close to expiring.)

I liked the chest bump that 'Big Al' Siebert gave to Mikey during the timeout.

Last edited:
I would have liked to see MG celebrate that one a little more. That was huge he should have soaked it up a bit more.

I would have liked to see MG celebrate that one a little more. That was huge he should have soaked it up a bit more.

What for? It's better to act like you've been there before. If he really wants to soak it up he should go back down and do it again.

What for? It's better to act like you've been there before. If he really wants to soak it up he should go back down and do it again.

1. He hasn't been there before hes like 6'3".
2. Getting the crowd pumped is big.
3. Hes like 6'3".
4. It was during a TO.
5.Sports are about emotion and fun. Not acting like you've been there before because you haven't. Every game is different and this team hasn't been on a run to the tourny before. The gave the fans a reason to come watch them and I for one would love for MG to add to that excitement.

1. He hasn't been there before hes like 6'3".
2. Getting the crowd pumped is big.
3. Hes like 6'3".
4. It was during a TO.
5.Sports are about emotion and fun. Not acting like you've been there before because you haven't. Every game is different and this team hasn't been on a run to the tourny before. The gave the fans a reason to come watch them and I for one would love for MG to add to that excitement.

Mikey G is only 6'1"

IIRC Mike had a dunk early this season (in the nonconference).

Edit: North Dakota State, fast break, two-handed dunk

Last edited:
That was big time for sure.. His eyes got big when he got to the free throw line cause he knew he had it then. Wasn't a bigger play in the game momentum wise.

Even more reasons.

I've stood right next to Mike. I'm 6'0 on the nose and he is no taller than me. Might even be a shade under 6'0. He has a really good vert though. At the pre-season hoops fan event, he was throwing down dunks with ease (Two hands, reverses, ally-oops, etc...). I touched the rim once, so I know the feeling.