Georges Niang Update

You didn't really answer my queston, I saw that White was listed as 6-8, 250, so will he play the 5-spot in their offense?

I'll answer it. He will at times play the 5, but a lot of time he will just play the 4 with no 5 in the game.

ISU does have some other posts though with Railey and Booker. It isn't like he will be unchallenged for PT.

You didn't really answer my queston, I saw that White was listed as 6-8, 250, so will he play the 5-spot in their offense?

There is no true 5-spot in the offense. I doubt you'll ever see much of one while Hoiberg is at ISU. Rhoadhoused spelled out above fairly clearly.

ISU is much more prone to play a 3 guard/2 forward set or a 2 guard/2 forward/1 swing.

Yeah I did. Iowa State doesn't play with a center or a 5 spot really. They will play 3 guards and 2 forwards.

Now you kind of have, are you counting Ejim as a G?
Okay, let me simplify it then: What position will White guard the 4 or 5? I know that ISU really doesn't play with a true center, there aren't many true Centers anymore. Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to get a sense of who will be playing alongside White as you say he is all PF.

Now you kind of have, are you counting Ejim as a G?
Okay, let me simplify it then: What position will White guard the 4 or 5? I know that ISU really doesn't play with a true center, there aren't many true Centers anymore. Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to get a sense of who will be playing alongside White as you say he is all PF.

Ejim is a 3. He will play on the perimeter and go down low at times. White will guard other teams centers along with Booker and Railey if I had to guess

Ejim is a 3. He will play on the perimeter and go down low at times. White will guard other teams centers along with Booker and Railey if I had to guess

Now, was that so hard?:D

Is it plausible to think that ISU will have Niang and White on the floor together a lot of the time if Niang proves he belongs? That is what I was getting at. He could start as a freshman at ISU.

Is it plausible to think that ISU will have Niang and White on the floor together a lot of the time if Niang proves he belongs? That is what I was getting at. He could start as a freshman at ISU.

At this point, I think there is a very, very small chance Niang starts over Railey(JR) or Booker(SR). If Railey was good enough to start he would play the 5 and shift Royce over to guarding the other teams 4 instead of 5. I'm not sure what Booker plays.

I do expect Niang to get some good playing time.

I think it will be hard for him to start as a freshmen. He would have to start over a 5th year senior in Booker, or Jordan Railey who I am higher on than most fans. 6'10 kids take a couple years longer to progress than others. I think he could be pretty good by his junior year. Who knows though?

If Niang starts as a freshman it either means he is better than I think or ISU is having front line problems. I do expect him to contribute a lot as a frosh however.

Not sure I can make sense of Niang signing with the Cyclowns. In the article written after his visit he discussed calling McCaffrey all the time to talk about basketball, life, playing ball in the NE etc., and we lose him to Transfer U. So if I am a high school kid and I have a little bit of intelligence and I look at the philosophies of the two programs, why would I pick ISU? I can come to Iowa and actually build something or I can go to Ames and roll the dice on whether the community organizer is going to bump me with another one and done transfer.

Comparing him to Cougill is silly. He has played against better competition his entire life and has more legit D1 offers / interest. Something seems weird about this....guess I will believe it when I see it. If true, I definitely think we lost a good player with a high ceiling. Still bizarre that he claimed to have such a strong relationship with McCaffrey, yet signs with an unproven coach in a decaying conference.

Not sure I can make sense of Niang signing with the Cyclowns. In the article written after his visit he discussed calling McCaffrey all the time to talk about basketball, life, playing ball in the NE etc., and we lose him to Transfer U. So if I am a high school kid and I have a little bit of intelligence and I look at the philosophies of the two programs, why would I pick ISU? I can come to Iowa and actually build something or I can go to Ames and roll the dice on whether the community organizer is going to bump me with another one and done transfer.

Comparing him to Cougill is silly. He has played against better competition his entire life and has more legit D1 offers / interest. Something seems weird about this....guess I will believe it when I see it. If true, I definitely think we lost a good player with a high ceiling. Still bizarre that he claimed to have such a strong relationship with McCaffrey, yet signs with an unproven coach in a decaying conference.

Wow.

Them grapes is bitta.

you win some and lose some... this was one we lost. not the end of the world but good pickup by isu.

Nice post, thank you. You missed this one but you will get the next. Thats the recruiting game. If I were an Iowa fan, I wouldnt worry at all about it. Fran seems like a smart coach.

Same reason some hot chick picked another dude over me. You say to yourself "what does he have over me?" but it is what it is. Sucks but it's a good get for ISU. Just gotta deal with it and move on.

I guess Fred just must be that much better of a recruiter than Fran, if Georges picked the cesspool that is Iowa State over that stalwart of basketball greatness that Fran has built at Iowa.

Life goes on ... He made the decision to not come to Iowa so Fran and Company keep moving forward. For some Hawk fans, this will sting since Iowa was in the mix as one of his potential schools and the kid ended up sleecting ISU. Can't blame the kid for joining ISU and becoming part of something that could very special. Will all depend on how Hoiberg manages the talent on the roster. You win some ... you lose some ...

I wish I could lick the tears off your cheek. I'm sure it would be delicious.

Latest posts