Georges Niang says Fred Hoiberg was offered Celtics Job

Would have been pretty interesting if Hoiberg woulda jumped ship... I can't see him doing it for awhile but you just never know.

So he was or wasn't offered the job? I haven't read anything official. Just curious. Apparently Niang was joking?

So he was or wasn't offered the job? I haven't read anything official. Just curious. Apparently Niang was joking?
Hoiberg was contacted to determine his interest in the job. I doubt a verbal offer came with it. He likely would have had to have gone through an interview at the least. Does the NBAs require minorities interview like the NFL does? I am not sure, but I think it is very rare to offer a job without an interview, especially to someone without a league track record.

Hoiberg was contacted to determine his interest in the job. I doubt a verbal offer came with it. He likely would have had to have gone through an interview at the least. Does the NBAs require minorities interview like the NFL does? I am not sure, but I think it is very rare to offer a job without an interview, especially to someone without a league track record.

Thanks for clarifying brett.

Yeah, since we were a botched call away from the Sweet 16, I would have just gone with "fantastic". He was way off. ;)

BAHAHAHA! Everyone is always out to get the poor Cyclones. The man tryin' to keep 'ya down!

Iowa was SEVERAL botched calls in the MSU tourney game away from dancing too, but you don't Iowa fans b!tching about it.

BAHAHAHA! Everyone is always out to get the poor Cyclones. The man tryin' to keep 'ya down!

Iowa was SEVERAL botched calls in the MSU tourney game away from dancing too, but you don't Iowa fans b!tching about it.

Dear God, just go back to the post game posts. Iowa had a legitimate gripe.

Latest posts