Gavin Holmes Talks to HN About Decision to Decommit from Iowa

If crying in public makes someone a great man then he is great. If you look at the scandals over 18 years he is no different than 99% of the men that are his peers.

I get that argument too. But the national perception is he's a great man.

I would bet Kirk doesn't include Kelvin on mass emails to his staff, and eye rolls every time someone mentions his title "recruiting coordinator". Then he tells a story starting with "In the old days....". Then he eats neopolitan ice cream.

Edit for clarification: When he eats the neopolitan ice cream he doesn't say "I'm eating ice cream." He says "I'm eating an ice cream."

Love it "I'm eating an ice cream"

I thought this too. But now I wonder why a kid would hold a grudge if all they did was give him the out he wanted. It seems like he is truly upset he got his offer pulled.

His "open letter" sure didn't give a clear picture. Or should i say, it gave several clear-but-conflicting pictures...

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football. This situation has all but guaranteed Iowa under Kurt will never do better than low level power 5 recruiting unless more legacies are born

The system is so hypocritical...

Coaches are "committed' to schools by contracts but they are constantly broken...leaving the high school athletes who were invited into the family without the coach who sold them the bill of goods.

Coaches are constantly looking about for something better...they are limited, perhaps, in their ability to do it themselves... but have friends, reps, attorneys looking all the time and talking about something better "out there."

And please, Kirk, if your heart isn't into recruiting...retire...it is the only way to have a great team that can compete on a national stage. We got it...you own Illinois and Purdue.... Texas bowls are your forte...

Latest posts