Gator Bowl Sucks

I think they made a push for a Big Ten tie in in light of the fact that there is no way in hell that the NFL lets the Jags stay there past 2010 ... they have to find some way to fill that stadium more than once a year (UF/UGA)

I'd rather play and beat the almighty SEC every year in the Gator Bowl than be forced to play someone from the Big 12 North.

I don't mind the Gator bowl, but I think it was a mistake to get rid of the Alamo. I would rather the Big 10 get rid of the Insight. Why have a bowl tie in that most people will not see?

I thought the Alamo bowl wanted to change the match up to Pac 10 - Big 12, not that the Big 10 wanted to dump the Alamo Bowl.

The Alamo wanted to be considered a legit 2nd tier bowl. Hard to have that status with a 4th place team. They swapped the Big Ten # 4, often #5 with 2 Big Ten BCS bids for a higher seed Pac Ten team. They really do pay too much money for a 4 or 5 seed.

Also makes the Pac Ten line-up with Rose, Holiday, and Alamo more respectable. So, on credibility grounds it was a good move for the Alamo and the Pac Ten. However, the Alamo might suffer from less travel from the Pac Ten. They are kind of a Rose Bowl or bust league when it comes to travel.

Latest posts