Gatens pro?

For Gatens to make the NBA he will have to specialize in something: shooter, on the ball defender,....... rah, rah,hustle guy at the end of the bench. His overall skill set simply isn't good enough to play in the NBA.

It would not shock me if he got drafted in the 2nd round, got cut and ended up playing in Europe or NBADL for a few years.

We can talk about this stuff later for now I am going to enjoy the moment.

This would completely and utterly stun me.

I don't think Gatens will will make an NBA roster...he's good at a lot of things, but not truly great at any one thing (shooting the 3 is the closest he comes to it)...but he's just not quick enough...and I hope he proves me wrong. I look at guys like Recker and Haluska and how much more athletic they seemed to be compared to Matt and they never stuck.

Never make it in the NBA...he plays defense.

Tell this to Lebron James....

I watched a game where he guarded the 1-5 which is just insane!

Lebron James shut down Derrick Rose, Matt Gatens has ZERO chance to staying in front of Derrick Rose.

Matt Gatens is a a very solid college player which is great but he is not NBA material. He can play overseas if he wants to. Some players just get tired of being away from family/friends.

quick call the NBA Lin has no busness being on a team, the kid played at Harvard, god forgive if Gatens got a sniff from the NBA as nobody from Iowa is good enough for the next level,
NEWS FLASH for the uniformed it all depends on a teams needs and how a team feels about a player, so lets let the kid gets done with season and the draft gets over before throwing the kid into the trash, of not being able to do anything

quick call the NBA Lin has no busness being on a team, the kid played at Harvard, god forgive if Gatens got a sniff from the NBA as nobody from Iowa is good enough for the next level,
NEWS FLASH for the uniformed it all depends on a teams needs and how a team feels about a player, so lets let the kid gets done with season and the draft gets over before throwing the kid into the trash, of not being able to do anything

Said he is a very good college player which is fine. Lots of very good college players have not played in the NBA. No shame in that.

Lin is a PG, heck if Matt was 6'5 PG he might have the right size!

Said he is a very good college player which is fine. Lots of very good college players have not played in the NBA. No shame in that.

Lin is a PG, heck if Matt was 6'5 PG he might have the right size!

It's no use trying to argue with most of these people right now. If you don't think Gatens is a future NBA player and one of the top five Hawks of all time, you might as well hate him.

Wait, I thought bleacher report said he shouldn't score 30 pts in 4 games combined? Now he's going to the NBA? Was the internet wrong? How can this happen?

if he shoots 30 more times a game and doesnt pass, he could be the next jimmer.

Jimmer is better than Gatens. Jimmer had some dribble drive game and actually could play some PG, as he was a bit more shifty than some realized.

Actually I think he is very comparable to JJ Redick and he seems to be doing alright in the NBA. I think he has a shot, it may be a long one but still a shot. All he needs to do is shoot in the NBA not score with athletism theres plenty of other players to fill that role, not to mention the fact that hes become a lockdown defender. I think that Gatens has started to realize that its not his athletism that makes this team and himself better, its is ability to get open and hit his outside shots.

Gatens is nowhere near the shooter that Reddick was/is. Reddick scored 2,700 points in college and averaged 20ppg.

Gatens is nowhere near the shooter that Reddick was/is. Reddick scored 2,700 points in college and averaged 20ppg.

Reddick played with 8 guys every year better than anyone Gatens has played with...

Yes I am exaggerating but the point still stands

Latest posts