Gatens pro?

Not this crap again anyone remember haluska ya sure thing for the nba, dont get me wrong gatens is great but he will be playing with j cole in another country somewhere.

If he were actually capable of shooting the way he has the last three games on an every day basis, then yes he could play in the NBA easily. There is always a spot for a guy who can knock down threes like that. That was Reggie Miller esque.

That being said he has not been anywhere near that good of a shooter over the majority of his career.

Maybe he has turned some sort of a corner and can now do this consistently, we will see.

I sure as hell hope he can keep it up because that was the best individual performance Ive seen at Iowa since Andrea Woolridge.

Its one thing to be able to knock down 7-9 when they are open threes off of penetration and kick outs but its a whole different thing to catch and shoot running off screens when the defense is specifically keying on you.

Extremely impressive.

Haluska did play in the NBA.

Played that's a questionable statement but yes he was in the NBA. And what im getting at is haluska was a better player than gatens is now and he couldent even stay there so i wish him the best of luck but imo it is not to realistic.

I don't think Matt is athletic enough to play in the NBA, that said he was making NBA shots tonight. He hit threes in which he elevated facing the top of the key just after the catch, squared in mid air, and drained it. He made pull up double clutch jumpers from 15. He made 3's with only a breath of room. He looked like an NBA sg tonight. However the last 6 min they put a taller more athletic defender on Matt and he had nothing.

Most people can not go 10/10 from 3pt range when they are shooting at practice with no fans, no defense, no time limit to shoot, and no pressure.

Gatens made 12 3s in a row and many of them were highly contested and very clutch.

It truly is incredible that he was able to do that.

You mean to say he doesn't do this every night now? I swear I have seen the right games lately. Cause that guy has been on fiiiire.

You mean to say he doesn't do this every night now? I swear I have seen the right games lately. Cause that guy has been on fiiiire.

David Palmer looked like an all-American for 3-4 games in 2008-2009. I definitely hope Gatens continues this level of play for the rest of the season (however long that ends up being), but at this point it's just a hot streak. He's not done it long enough to say he's turned a corner and is going to play like this forever now.

https://twitter.com/#!/RealJayWilliams/statuses/172894375666388992

Matt Gatens from Iowa is a bonafide pro and will make a lot of money as he had his 2nd 30 plus performance as Iowa takes down Wisconsin.

They pay a lot of money in Europe. Do I think Gatens will get a lot of money there? No. I think he is headed to a place like J. Cole, as someone else already stated.

Also, Jay Williams is only slightly better than Hubert Davis and Digger Phelps who are the absolute worst.

Actually I think he is very comparable to JJ Redick and he seems to be doing alright in the NBA. I think he has a shot, it may be a long one but still a shot. All he needs to do is shoot in the NBA not score with athletism theres plenty of other players to fill that role, not to mention the fact that hes become a lockdown defender. I think that Gatens has started to realize that its not his athletism that makes this team and himself better, its is ability to get open and hit his outside shots.

Actually I think he is very comparable to JJ Redick and he seems to be doing alright in the NBA. I think he has a shot, it may be a long one but still a shot. All he needs to do is shoot in the NBA not score with athletism theres plenty of other players to fill that role, not to mention the fact that hes become a lockdown defender. I think that Gatens has started to realize that its not his athletism that makes this team and himself better, its is ability to get open and hit his outside shots.

For Gatens to make the NBA he will have to specialize in something: shooter, on the ball defender,....... rah, rah,hustle guy at the end of the bench. His overall skill set simply isn't good enough to play in the NBA.

It would not shock me if he got drafted in the 2nd round, got cut and ended up playing in Europe or NBADL for a few years.

We can talk about this stuff later for now I am going to enjoy the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts