Garza's Scoring Projected...

Ya'll know how the saying went with how Dean Smith was the only person who could hold Jordan under 20. Well that's starting to apply to Garza. There's been 3 or 4 games he coulda had 45-50 pts in. No joke. It's flat out scary what Garza COULD be doing too. Don't get me wrong what he is doing is beyond nuts but if Fran would really let him cut loose and play him more geesh...

Averaging minutes in the low twenties will pay off in the long run. Avoiding injury and keeping fresh legs is as or more important than Luka putting up 50. Once the Big starts Luka's minutes will go up as needed. PPG are rarely not mentioned these days without minutes played. The outside world knows what's going on with Luka....

Averaging minutes in the low twenties will pay off in the long run. Avoiding injury and keeping fresh legs is as or more important than Luka putting up 50. Once the Big starts Luka's minutes will go up as needed. PPG are rarely not mentioned these days without minutes played. The outside world knows what's going on with Luka....
Couldn't agree more. If anything would happen to Garza in the 2nd half of any of those games Fran would never be able to live it down. The why it isn't/won't happen is easy to see as you noted. I'm just pointing out the fact if he wanted to one time just to see what he could do I'm pretty confident he could put up 50 pts in 34-36 mins.

I would hope the outside world is paying attention to what Garza is doing. I haven't been watching much ESPN lately so I'm not too sure what they've been saying. When you see Garza 'only' hit 16 yet Iowa puts up a zillion pts still that shoulda been head turning for the rest of college hoops too.

Garza passed BJ last night on the scoring list, his PPG are more than likely going to be more than anyone in the past 40 years. It was a different game then.

I think what amazes me the most is that while his PPG is ridiculous, he's doing while spending a good chunk of minutes on the bench. His PPG is unreal, but his points per 40 minutes is something you only see in video games.

I think what amazes me the most is that while his PPG is ridiculous, he's doing while spending a good chunk of minutes on the bench. His PPG is unreal, but his points per 40 minutes is something you only see in video games.
To me, the craziest of his stats are 69.1 and 68.4. FG % and 3-Pt %. Insane.

Ya'll know how the saying went with how Dean Smith was the only person who could hold Jordan under 20. Well that's starting to apply to Garza. There's been 3 or 4 games he coulda had 45-50 pts in. No joke. It's flat out scary what Garza COULD be doing too. Don't get me wrong what he is doing is beyond nuts but if Fran would really let him cut loose and play him more geesh...

Maybe Fran just wants to still dangle that carrot in front of him. What's more important, 50 against Central Carolina or 50 against Michigan State?

Maybe Fran just wants to still dangle that carrot in front of him. What's more important, 50 against Central Carolina or 50 against Michigan State?
He sure coulda against ISU if he hadn't gotten in foul trouble & if ISU woulda kept it a game. I'm so here for it. Maybe I'm greedy but I wanna see him put up a 50 spot. Especially against an MSU or hell why not Gonzaga. (crazy unrealistic I know) But against either of those or Illinois. Just totally take away the other teams will to fight. You saw how ISU started laying down. Once he gets rolling it deflates the other team big time because there's nothing they can do. Just hope for mercy

I was curious on this, so I looked it up. Garza is averaging 46.72/40 min. The next closest for a player that has played more than a game is a guy from Rice at 32.27/40.

Obviously it is early but I looked up a few other guys:
Doug McDermott 13/14: 31.69/40
Trae Young 17/18: 30.96/40
Jimmer Fredette: 32.29/40
Steph Curry: 33.94/40
Glenn Robinson 93/94: 35.34
Bo Kimble: 42.92/40

It will be very interesting to see how efficient he can still be against better teams. NC was a very tough matchup and I think it will be the outlier for sure. Not many teams will be able to throw that size at him all game.

Latest posts