GARZA VS KAMINSKY

I'd put Arvydas Sabonis as the best passing big of all time. The dude INVENTED the point center position. The Trailblazers would put him on the block and he'd pass or score. They'd put him at the top of the key and he'd pass or score. Keep in mind that he was drafted in the first round in 1985 but didn't play in the NBA until 1995 when he was 31 years old. (And the standard joke of the time was that Sabonis could qualify for a handicap parking spot due to all the injuries he had sustained over his career in Russia and Europe up to that point.)

Just a small clip of Sabonis once he made his NBA debut ... would have been fun for him to be in the league 10 years earlier.

He should go - it's unlikely he has another year this good.

How good of a year you have is an extremely small percentage of where you get drafted or how much money you will make in your career. He's not going to trick NBA guys to draft them early with his scoring stats. Baring injury, he won't drop next year even if his numbers drop a bit. He could however go higher if he improves more, which I fully expect he will.

How good of a year you have is an extremely small percentage of where you get drafted or how much money you will make in your career. He's not going to trick NBA guys to draft them early with his scoring stats. Baring injury, he won't drop next year even if his numbers drop a bit. He could however go higher if he improves more, which I fully expect he will.

I don't know - if he hadn't had this year, he wouldn't get drafted at all.

Additionally, risk injury and a possible down year after teams adjust to his play in the league next year - you have to strike while thre iron is hot. It's hot right now.

I don't know - if he hadn't had this year, he wouldn't get drafted at all.

Additionally, risk injury and a possible down year after teams adjust to his play in the league next year - you have to strike while thre iron is hot. It's hot right now.

He's having this kind of year because he's this good. If he gets drafted, it's because the league evaluates him and realizes he's a scoring machine. It won't be because his numbers. It's possible he will get hurt, or his numbers will drop a small amount due to a drop in usage, but with his work ethic he will be a better player next year and it will show in evaluations. It's almost like you think he's lucking into this year and just plans on coasting on his accomplishments next year. If he's back and healthy, we will almost certainly see a noticeably improved player next year.

Latest posts