Garza Pushing

I have never really liked Kirk as a coach, even when he was winning big in the early 2000s. But this is a weird time to be on here complaining about being frustrated. I haven't had more reasons to be excited about the football program in a long time.

Ever since the new facilities have been complete, the recruiting has been noticeably better. Our team is stacked with young players more than ever bedore. Kirk has become night and day better at clock management and has become night and day more aggressive, which have always been the two biggest knocks on him. We've got a starting an that has been called by one guy "possibly the best in the game". We've got two backups that everyone is pretty high on waiting in the wings. All we need now is to be more fluid on offense and we will be set. All signs seem to be pointing towards lots of effort being put into that problem getting fixed too. So again, why be frustrated now? 3 of the 4 major issues have already been fixed and the 4th one is clearly being focused on

It's your prerogative to be unhappy with Iowa football, but unfortunately, that's a you thing. I want it to be better too, but your fatigue or displeasure just isn't warranted when Iowa has been as consistent as they have been the last 3 seasons. One of the better P5 programs in the country at least when it comes to W's - which I think we all agree is the bottom line. I would like them to compete like a blue blood too tho - so here here to that. The football program does not make we yearn for hoops, comparatively speaking they are on WAY different levels as far as success.

Most wins vs. Power 5 opponents, last 3 seasons…
Clemson, 34
Alabama, 32
Oklahoma, 29
Ohio St, 28
Stanford, 28
USC, 25
Wisconsin, 25
Okla St, 24
UGA, 24
Iowa, 23
Northwestern, 23
TCU, 22
Mich, 22
Wash, 22
Penn St, 22
Wash St, 21
Lou, 20
Miami, 20
LSU, 20

When I said I was more looking forward to Iowa basketball than another 7-5 football season it didn't mean I wasn't looking forward to football, just more looking forward to basketball. Right now, how basketball will play out intrigues me more than mostly predictable Kirk-led football.

Their won't be a sophomore slump with him. He's too skilled and working too hard. He's capable of shooting the 40% from 3. With a stronger start to the season compared to how he started last yr and he can be in line for a big year. Playing with Cook again will only open the floor for both of them to do their thing.

Agree. In addition, I don't think you see sophomore slumps in the post players as much or drastic as in guards. Can still happen, but the peaks and valleys are a bit less drastic.

Agree. In addition, I don't think you see sophomore slumps in the post players as much or drastic as in guards. Can still happen, but the peaks and valleys are a bit less drastic.
Yeah I just don't get the sense Garza is going to take even a half step back. He's just so aggressive. I love that about him. He'll have games where he go for 25 and 10 but also 14 and 5. But not due to anything other than how most of his teammates are doing. Cook and he will play off each other and for the most part both won't go off for big games at the same time. But that sure won't mean Garza is slumping if he does have some games with less production. It's not just the bigs either we have multiple guards capable of filling it up any given night too. Would it be nice if we had 6 guys avg 18 pts a game? Sure would that'd be 108 total HA that'd sure make us tough to beat. So that's not happening but 2 or 3 of them over 14-16 sure could....

It was said is be ok for this fall. I just hope it keeps him out of practice for too long that he has to shake off a lot of rust. Also hopes he doesnt lose a lot of weight from this procedure. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Oh no. I hope it was a simple surface removal.
Simple removal huh?
giphy.gif