Gary Uses Unacceptable to Describe 7-5....

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
This, from the bowl presser yesterday, with Gary and Kirk sitting three feet apart:

Q. Gary talked about 7-5 being unacceptable. What are your thoughts on that now?

COACH FERENTZ: Every year is different. I won’t comment on the last two weeks. Simple as that. We just got done doing our team banquet. I’m not sure unacceptable would be the word I would use. We’re disappointed, certainly, with the outcome of the last two ball games.

What does the team banquet have anything to do with it? "I'm too full of mashed potatoes to talk about this. You think 7-5 is unacceptable? You should've tasted the corn casserole!"

Ferentz was just being polite in front of the press. He will give Gary a real what-for when they get back to the 'plex about what is and is not acceptable when he is involved.

Anyone remember when Barta first came in and basically gave Alford the ultimatum of NCAA or bust?
While he did have one foot out the door, Alford certainly ran.

My point? Barta has shown the moxie to demand certain levels of performance. I'd think he could/should/would do it again now.

Anyone remember when Barta first came in and basically gave Alford the ultimatum of NCAA or bust?
While he did have one foot out the door, Alford certainly ran.

My point? Barta has shown the moxie to demand certain levels of performance. I'd think he could/should/would do it again now.

Barta will do that right after he's cut Kirk's sandwich perfectly in half and arranged 26 potato chips in concentric circles around the sandwich the way Ferentz likes it after a presser.

Well gary unacceptable means you will not accecpt 7-5. However you said you are behind kirk. It looks like it is acceptable and you will accept it till 2020.

Gary you are an idiot. Kirk you are an *** as usual.

OTH...what is the deal with you and the name calling? If you have nothing interesting to say, just stfu. I will take Barta at his word. If my boss had made a state,ent in public like this one, I would conclude that I had been put on notice.

Well gary unacceptable means you will not accecpt 7-5. However you said you are behind kirk. It looks like it is acceptable and you will accept it till 2020.

Gary you are an idiot. Kirk you are an *** as usual.

With the exception of the last sentence, this post is spot on. If Barta truly thought 7-5 is unacceptable, Ferentz would have been gone after the the debacle that was the 2012 season. I'm sure neither Barta or Ferentz are happy with 7-5, but obviously Barta has accepted it as Ferentz is still employed as the head coach.

OTH...what is the deal with you and the name calling? If you have nothing interesting to say, just stfu. I will take Barta at his word. If my boss had made a state,ent in public like this one, I would conclude that I had been put on notice.

I dont find your love for kirk interesting though I do leave you alone along with one other kirk fan because you guys get bent out of shape very easy on here.

How are you taking Gary at his word? He just said 7-5 is unacceptable but said he was fully behind kirk. That dont make no sense.

Im sure kirk is well aware that he is being an ***. I dont think it would shock him to find out someone would think that after listening to one of his pressers.

As for me calling Gary and idiot, well he is most likely too busy coloring or playing with sticks to notice.

What does the team banquet have anything to do with it? "I'm too full of mashed potatoes to talk about this. You think 7-5 is unacceptable? You should've tasted the corn asserole!"

For some reason I read it this way. Maybe the laughing messed up my eyesight.

****Tapping pencil on desk anxiously waiting for Jon's next podcast in regard to recent KF/Barta statements*****

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did I say that out loud?

This, from the bowl presser yesterday, with Gary and Kirk sitting three feet apart:

Q. Gary talked about 7-5 being unacceptable. What are your thoughts on that now?

COACH FERENTZ: Every year is different. I won’t comment on the last two weeks. Simple as that. We just got done doing our team banquet. I’m not sure unacceptable would be the word I would use. We’re disappointed, certainly, with the outcome of the last two ball games.

Regarding Kirks reply....I am dumbfounded. He had the gall to call his players "fat cats". Holy contented, comfortable, unstriving, fat cat you seem to have become Kirk. Hayden must want to throw up in his mouth.

If only KF would open the offense, he at least went against the grain with his fourth down gambles, which were mostly successful. The misuse of our receivers was tragic and almost criminal. I still appreciate the succesful seasons we have had under Kirk and appreciate his class and cool attitude. Probably am the only one. Almost everyone I know wants a change.

One would think the pattern should present itself, two/three mediocre years followed by an outstanding year or two. Still waiting....

When the Huskers were coming back did we really have five straight 3 and outs. Did I really see The Hebrew Hammer run right up the middle three times in a row.

If, a mighty large IF, we have a very good year or two upcoming, wouldn't bet on it, might be better to let Kirk run his contract out or resign. No guarantee that a new coach would be immediately successful, although if we hire a creative offensive minded coach, we might attract better recruits after a couple of years. Appears to be a gamble these days hiring new coaches. At any rate it appears that Urban Meyer owns the Big Ten for a while.....

As time goes on, I let the losses, no matter what the cause, bother me less. I get very excited when we manage a huge comeback for a win in the fourth quarter, no matter who the opponent is, but when we lose I just find another game to watch. I will admit that the Minnesota game was very distressful.....

If Barta says that publicly then there are rumblings from donors and mucky-mucks behind the scenes and fans' voices are being heard.

Updated transcript, edited for accuracy.

COACH FERENTZ: Every year is different. I won’t comment on the last two weeks. Simple as that. We just got done doing our team banquet. I’m not sure unacceptable would be the word I would use, if I were an AD who wanted me not to fire him. The word I might use is "untouchable", certainly. Any more dumb questions or should I muster up a fart and clear the room?

Latest posts