Gary Barta: Down to Outback or Holiday

I chuckled when I saw McMurphy on ESPN predict the Pinstripe. He must have thought we finished 6-6.

Heard a radio interview with Dolph today. He seems to think its the Outback. That would surprise me but either way I'm happy with the bowl destination

Is the Cotton totally out of the question? The Cotton picks right in front of the Outback, but if two B1G teams make the playoff then it seems like the Cotton Bowl could be a possibility for Iowa.

Let's start a GoFundMe page and see how much it would take to bribe our way into a NY6 bowl. Everybody has a price. I bet anything north of $40 Mil would get it done.

I might be wrong but I don't think Hawk fans will pay out the money to go to Holiday Bowl.Always get the die hards that go every year but numbers will be down a lot.People put out a lot of money to watch Stanford bull doze us last year and that doesn't sit well with most.
You are absolutely correct. Terrible date. I have always wanted to go to Holiday bowl but this years date makes it impossible. Still hoping for Music City but sounding like Outback. I have been to 3 Outbacks and it is always a good time. Amazing how Channelside has went down.

Is the Cotton totally out of the question? The Cotton picks right in front of the Outback, but if two B1G teams make the playoff then it seems like the Cotton Bowl could be a possibility for Iowa.

The at-large non-Power 5 lands in the Cotton Bowl, this season.
It appears that they will take the loser of Wisconsin-Penn State.
If not B1G, then the loser of OU vs Okie State landing here.
If Oklahoma loses, they may land here vs Western Michigan.

From Cedar Rapids Gazzette:

Here's a look at where some national media are pegging Iowa:

Jerry Palm, CBS Sports: Music City vs. Kentucky

Mark Schablach, ESPN: Holiday vs. Washington State

Brett McMurphy, ESPN: Pinstripe vs. North Carolina

Bill Bender, Sporting News: Holiday vs. Washington State

College Football News: Outback vs. LSU

Jason Kirk, SB Nation: Holiday vs. Washington State

Dave Miller, Campus Insiders: Citrus vs. LSU

Colin Becht, Sports Illustrated: Holiday vs. Washington State

Stewart Mandel, Fox Sports: Holiday vs. Washington State

Kevin Trahan, VICE Sports: Holiday vs. Washington State

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...he-hawkeyes-are-picked-after-week-13-20161130
I don't understand why anyone takes Jerry Palm seriously. He is wrong on football and basketball predictions more often than not it seems like, especially with bowl predictions. Brett McMurphy's pick is just embarrassing, Pinstripe is completely off the table.

Latest posts