Gary Barta: Down to Outback or Holiday

I might be wrong but I don't think Hawk fans will pay out the money to go to Holiday Bowl.Always get the die hards that go every year but numbers will be down a lot.People put out a lot of money to watch Stanford bull doze us last year and that doesn't sit well with most.

I might be wrong but I don't think Hawk fans will pay out the money to go to Holiday Bowl.Always get the die hards that go every year but numbers will be down a lot.People put out a lot of money to watch Stanford bull doze us last year and that doesn't sit well with most.

Get to the Outback site and vote Iowa..

Then, you have this.

Listened to the Music City Bowl CEO, Scott Ramsey, on the local radio, today, he was namedropping Nebraska, where past days, it was just Iowa and Minnesota.

Also, it is 2 days after Christmas.

Went to Outback with wife and two Grandaughters when we played Spurriers SC team,man was that fun to watch.Their fans had a lot to say in the hotel until we beat them,then we did the talking.

In addition, just listened on KXNO with the Holiday Bowl CEO, and he said they loved Iowa, but kept saying that the Outback Bowl picks before them.
Of course, Murph said he's tired of the Outback Bowl.
To quote Louis Skolnich to Taksashi, "I could never be tired of (the Outback Bowl)."
"How could you ever get tired of that ___?"

From Cedar Rapids Gazzette:

Here's a look at where some national media are pegging Iowa:

Jerry Palm, CBS Sports: Music City vs. Kentucky

Mark Schablach, ESPN: Holiday vs. Washington State

Brett McMurphy, ESPN: Pinstripe vs. North Carolina

Bill Bender, Sporting News: Holiday vs. Washington State

College Football News: Outback vs. LSU

Jason Kirk, SB Nation: Holiday vs. Washington State

Dave Miller, Campus Insiders: Citrus vs. LSU

Colin Becht, Sports Illustrated: Holiday vs. Washington State

Stewart Mandel, Fox Sports: Holiday vs. Washington State

Kevin Trahan, VICE Sports: Holiday vs. Washington State

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...he-hawkeyes-are-picked-after-week-13-20161130

Sorry dude, but regardless of your family, using that term about mentally handicapped is just not nice. Sorry your parents didn't instill more sensitivity. Your experience is not everyone else's. Not everyone is just being sensitive. It is still rude.
Sorry. Can't help you. You asking me to be PC is like me asking you not to be offended. Ain't gonna happen.

Diff'rent strokes, right?

Sorry. Can't help you. You asking me to be PC is like me asking you not to be offended. Ain't gonna happen.

Diff'rent strokes, right?

Yes, for things not involving those who can defend themselves. Making fun of mentally handicapped is huge. If your brother is completely a whole person mentally then so be it, but don't count all who are handicapped that way to accept it. Now, inflating your ego at the expense of those who cannot defend, for that there is no excuse.

You call yourself PC? In my background it is minimally rude.

Your namesake was a national leader on stopping bigotry. Maybe you should change your ID.

From Cedar Rapids Gazzette:

Here's a look at where some national media are pegging Iowa:

Jerry Palm, CBS Sports: Music City vs. Kentucky

Mark Schablach, ESPN: Holiday vs. Washington State

Brett McMurphy, ESPN: Pinstripe vs. North Carolina

Bill Bender, Sporting News: Holiday vs. Washington State

College Football News: Outback vs. LSU

Jason Kirk, SB Nation: Holiday vs. Washington State

Dave Miller, Campus Insiders: Citrus vs. LSU

Colin Becht, Sports Illustrated: Holiday vs. Washington State

Stewart Mandel, Fox Sports: Holiday vs. Washington State

Kevin Trahan, VICE Sports: Holiday vs. Washington State

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...he-hawkeyes-are-picked-after-week-13-20161130

No way Iowa falls to the Pinstripe, unless 3 B1G teams make CFP/New Year's 6, and the Holiday and Music City, take Nebraska and Minnesota, in that order.

Music City won't happen, even with 3 B1G teams, as the Holiday will take Iowa before Nebraska/Minnesota.
Outback would be the loser of Wisconsin/Penn State.

B1G will NOT be in the Citrus Bowl, this year. It's the Orange Bowl and will probably be Florida State vs Michigan.

The consensus was Holiday vs Washington State a few days ago, but I'm becoming more convinced it's the Outback, as long as 4 B1G teams are selected in the CFP/New Year's 6.

It's either Outback or Holiday.
Outback saw Husker fans, or lack of Husker fans in Jacksonville after the 2013 season.
They've seen Iowa the past 4 times in Tampa.

Last edited:
As Hayden said many times, "there are no bad bowl games." I'm thrilled that we finished the season in a spectacular way, and are now in the running for three excellent games against attractive opponents.

The bowl game is a reward to the team, coaching staff and fans for an excellent season, which is exactly what Iowa had with wins over #2 Michigan and #15 Nebraska in November. If you win the bowl game, it is frosting on the cake.

It would be fun to see the Stanford band again. Maybe the Iowa band could come out and be as outrageous and insulting as the nerdy Stanford band. That would be fun.

I never heard loud, angry booing at a halftime show like I did at the Rose Bowl when that creepy Stanford band took the field. It was unbelievable to hear.

As Hayden said many times, "there are no bad bowl games." I'm thrilled that we finished the season in a spectacular way, and are now in the running for three excellent games against attractive opponents.

The bowl game is a reward to the team, coaching staff and fans for an excellent season, which is exactly what Iowa had with wins over #2 Michigan and #15 Nebraska in November. If you win the bowl game, it is frosting on the cake.

Agreed!
Can't complain with your 3 city options are Tampa, San Diego or Nashville, although it's pretty much between Tampa and San Diego.

You call yourself PC?
Nope. Quite the contrary.

Hayden Fry painted the visitor's locker room pink because it's a "sissy color." I'm fine with it but I hope you're not because then you're contradicting yourself.

Look, I like your posts for the most part and I'm sure you're a good guy. I have no interest in a pissing match with you, most of all because I don't give a shit about the topic at hand. I understand your issue with me and I'm ok with it. I'll let you continue this at your leisure but I'm out.

Last edited:

Look, I like your posts for the most part and I'm sure you're a good guy. I have no interest in a pissing match with you, most of all because I don't give a shit about the topic at hand. I understand your issue with me and I'm ok with it. I'll let you continue this at your leisure but I'm out.

CTdb67kXAAA94hN.jpg

Hayden Fry painted the visitor's locker room pink because it's a "sissy color." I'm fine with it but I hope you're not because then you're contradicting yourself.

Sissy colors is a world apart from mental handicap. I don't have an issue with you overall. Seriously.